“Reliably good food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Capone's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #25 of 163 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, American, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Reliably good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We live in the area and visit Capone's at least every couple of months if not more. While the menu is nothing extraordinary, I have to say that I've never had a bad meal here. The portions are always generous, the prices moderate and the food reliable. Have never stayed late enough for the entertainment but would like to try it too sometime.

• Visited August 2012

Boston
“Long live lasagna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hadn't been to Capone's for a few years, but driving down Rte 1, deciding on a place for late lunch, thought we would go back to our roots, so to speak. So we took the Cenntennial exit off 128 and 5 minutes later we were there! Place hasn't changed much, including the staff! They have a huge menu with many choices and specials. Got there too late for lunch, but in time for the $9.95 early dinners (starts at 3 ). Early Dinner menu changes every day with several specials such as meatloaf, chicken parm or egglant parm, baked haddock etc and includes salad or soup, coffee/tea and dessert. We, however, were looking for lasagna, so that's what we got-huge portions of lasagna with a side of huge meatballs (We paid extra). My husband enjoyed the meatballs; I thought they had a steamed taste-but I say that about all meatballs out in restaurants. Served with Ital bread and butter, soup (Was lentil today-very good) or salad. Leftovers will be lunch today, too! Garfield would have been happy....
It was just what we had in mind--sauce was old fashioned with a touch of sweet. We got it with marinara sauce; you can also get it with meat sauce for $2 more. With a filled glass of red wine or a Sam Summer, what more could you ask for. Our waitress, Andrea was great and we left happy.

• Visited July 2012
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Great food and entertainment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I went to Capone's last Friday and ordered one of their specialty dishes, Pork chops in a marsala wine sauce with mushrooms over garlic mashed potatoes and spinach. The portion was generous and the food was better than some high end eateries I have been to and half the price. The pork chops combined with the marsala sauce melted in your mouth...so delicious! I love that Capone's has a traditional menu and always has excellent specials nightly. The quality is great and the price is right. The staff is very attentive and enjoyed the fact that I could stay after dinner and move to the lounge area where I could relax and listen to a good band while sipping on one of their many Martini selections. If you are looking for great food or entertainment, Capon's is the place to go!

• Visited March 2012
Pawcatuck, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Salty Pasta”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My Friend and I had traveled from Southern Connecticut to the Christain Book Store warehouse sale they were having Peabody MA on that Saturday 24 of March 2012. Finshed our shopping and was planning on having a good lunch before heading back. My Pasta tasted like it was cooked in rock salt and had pentrated the pasta in a way that it was not consumable by me or my friend.So we inquired about the pasta issue to the waitress,her response well nobody else has complained about it. Maybe if they tasted it before serving it they might get the picture. Maybe they should bring in Robert Irvine from Restaurant impossible to see whats going on here. We had our meal boxed up and left and wont be back again. Oh by they way, my friend decided to try something at home by rinsing the pasta off in the sink but to no avail. "Salty" no help for it except to the garbage can money thrown away once more. The atmosphere was like sitting at a doctors office ,a patron eating his meal,but does every bite got to include a blowing of his kazoo in between every bite. How disgusting is that. Hopefully you will get the process down of cooking right. Good Luck everyone

• Visited March 2012
Wimauma, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sad mistake for italian food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

the salads were pre made and stored in a fridge some where, plates were even cold. I had the chicken marsala. which I have had many times in many restaurants. All varying in taste a little. depending on the chief. This meal though was a breaded piece of chicken with some kind of sause over it and mozzarella cheese melted on top. The taste of which I've never had before and hope I never do again. My son had egg plant and they managed to mess that up also. SAM'S CLUB has better in there frozen food section than this place. When traveling I always look for the out of the way places, cause can usually find some Golden nuggets. The only thing found here is fools gold.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Capone's Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!