“Fresh shellfish near our B&B”
Review of Land and Sea

Land and Sea
Ranked #29 of 165 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Crownsville, Maryland
“Fresh shellfish near our B&B”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Delicious, inexpensive, casual. Everything is fried so you can't eat there every day.

Visited June 2012

Brookline, Massachusetts
“Food is good, but I don't need criticism with my fries....”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We get food here at least once a week. Good basic fried food, lobster roll, homemade cole slaw. Often call for takeout. Today the phone person was rude. I said I would like to "pick up" an order, to which she responded smugly, "How about if you place the order first?" Seriously? We will take our business elsewhere. I still like polite civility with my business dollars. I think if we as customers, accept less, then standards will keep going down. Peabody is full of small family- owned businesses which provide good food and good service. Tasty Foods, here we come, I'm going where they treat their "regulars" with friendly appreciation!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank maggie451
Boston, MA
“If you want authentic fried seafood and some of the best onion rings”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Land and Sea is a Peabody landmark. In business since 1972, there's over a generation of people who stop by here for fried haddock, clams, onion rings, roast beef sandwiches, etc. We haven't been there for awhile but we had to grab some food for a friend so we thought it would be a good stop to make.

My better half and our friend got fried haddock with fries and slaw. The fish was tasty, moist, and hot. The fries and slaw were... well, fries and slaw.

I got the chicken fingers and onion rings. When I ordered, the person at the counter asked if I wanted processed chicken or "real chicken." I chose the real chicken, which was hot, moist, and just right. It was served with some tubes of nameless "duck sauce" which was watery but still "did the job."

This is not -- repeat not -- a classic "sit down" restaurant that has any hopes of a romantic atmosphere. This is more of the New England fast food type of restaurant -- not dirty, but not where you want to bring a special date unless he or she really likes fried food. It is very family friendly, though it gets a bit pricey if you have a big clan to feed.

In summary, if you are in the area, hungry, and want some fried food and some of the best onion rings in the area, this is a good stop to make.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank DieselDad
Denver, CO
“OMG - I dream about this when I am away”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Simply the best fried clams EVER. No really, EVER. Sometimes I come all the way from Colorado - just to eat here. (I pretend to be visiting my family, but really, a box of clams and a lobster roll - oh and I'll take a roast beef sandwich to go.

The locals already know, but if you are visiting? GO HERE FOR DINNER! You won't regret it. It is affordable, fresh, and the best food you will ever eat!

Visited December 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
“Not pretty but good food”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This is a local seafood restaurant that focuses on the food as opposed to decor. It is obviously a converted fast food restaurant as the dining area has not changed from its former life. I'm still trying to figure out which chain it replaced.

I had the fried clams, which were the purpose of my visit. I enjoy the whole belly clams, which are not available in my area. They did not disappoint. They were fresh and hot and were served with fries and slaw.

For a fast and very casual meal, I'd go back.

Visited October 2011

Been to Land and Sea? Share your experiences!