“Surprisingly good food and lots of fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bonkers Fun House Pizza
Ranked #80 of 163 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Television
Description: BONKERS IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP - Come check out what is new and exciting from a new state of the art arcade with new games and challenges to the addition of Bonkers Mini Bowling to test your skill. We have rides and a huge play maze to keep the younger ones busy. Birthday parties are a breeze when you choose one of our value packages and friendly staff to keep you organized and on track. Private party room available too! We have a full menu that is more than pizza! Sandwiches, salads, finger foods like chicken tenders and nuggets, handcut fries, great wings and so much more made from the freshest ingredients daily.
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly good food and lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have enjoyed visiting with a young grandchild and get our value - there is a free young children's indoor area and the rides are a great attraction. The staff is very friendly - and the food surprisingly good and a good value

Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Complete Ripoff...Don't Waste Your Money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

TIP: If you're considering going here, try Chuck E. Cheese's instead. You get a lot more for your money with games, staff are considerably friendlier and more professional, and your kids can at least walk out with decent prizes without spending an arm and a leg.

This place is a total ripoff. I agree completely with the other reviewers who speak of having gone years ago and feeling the experience was a lot better - more for your money, friendlier staff, better prizes, etc. And, I too, created a Yelp account for the sole purpose of posting this review. I'm typically not someone who complains to management, etc., but, in the few times I have, I feel I've been offered a customer service experience that shows they truly care about righting a wrong. NOT in this case...not by a long shot!

It's sad that this place has deteriorated so much over the past couple of years. We used to really enjoy taking our kids there. Will NEVER go again after the experience we had this weekend. I only wish I had read the other bad reviews beforehand, but I guess I didn't feel it was needed since we'd been before and had such fun. Lesson learned, though...I'm not sure if it's new owners or what, but this place has gone downhill...BIG TIME!!!!!

First, it's now cash only, so fine, we just spent what we had on us. (Their loss, really, because we would have ended up spending more on their overpriced food, but we stuck with rides & games only.) Second, there was a creepy older man waiting outside the exit to the maze, and, at one point, a little boy who seemed to be 3 or 4 years old, went up to the attendant standing nearby, saying he had lost his grandfather inside the arcade. Instead of helping the child, she watched as he walked away, scared, with the creepy old guy following behind. I followed, as well, to make sure nothing happened. I actually pulled another staff member aside (wish I knew her name, but they also don't wear name badges...) to let her know that the guy following the little boy was not a grownup who he belonged with. Her response, "Oh really?" I said. "Yes, and I've been following. You should really have someone stationed near the door, especially at a place where there are so many children." Fortunately, the kid spotted his grandfather just then, and creepy guy took off.

Later, that same staff member (now the one inside the maze entrance) made a completely inappropriate comment. My two daughters (ages 6 and 4) were in the maze. They were staying together for the most part, but, at one point, I could only see my 6-year-old. So I called up to her, "Where's your sister?" All of a sudden, the staff memebr says, "We lost her." I turned, looked at her, and she said, "Just kidding." REALLY??!! Who would say that at a place where children's safety should be the number one priority?! That is not funny, nor is it something staff should be joking about. Again, wish she had a name badge or at least that I had asked for her name before I talked to the manager. Completely unprofessional.

The absolute icing on the cake, after spending 3+ hours there and spending $50 ($30 for the ride bracelets and $20 on games), was walking to the prize counter to find that, having accumulated just shy of 500 tickets, the only thing my girls could get was candy or a deck of cards that's so cheap we'll be lucky if we get one use out of it. What kind of a message is the Management here sending to virtually exclusively offer candy for that many tickets?! Not even a plastic ring or a bouncy ball?! Come on, now!! I'm not asking for a lot. I explained to the woman at the prize counter (who, perhaps was the only friendly, professional worker we encountered all day there) that I typically don't let my kids get candy for prizes, and asked if there was a manager who I could talk to. She and another staff member helped get the manager.

The manager (Angela) essentially proceeds to tell me that there is nothing she can do, no exceptions she can make. She told me to fill out a "survey" (which was pathetic, at best) and call back M-F to talk to a general manager or owner. I said, great, who should I ask for? The reply, "We can't give out names." Oh, right. Silly me.

Also, instead of apologizing, she actually smiled and snickered as I proceeded to question why there was nothing she could do. There is typically always something a manager can do to help, whether it be a small refund or some token to make up for your bad experience. At the very least, I think an apology would have helped. When I shared the other parts of the experience (lost child, comment about my daughter being lost, etc.), her reply? "Well, you didn't tell me earlier about that." Again, as someone who typically doesn't complain, and knowing my children were safe & sound, I was trying to let them enjoy their day and not have it marred by the poor experience that us adults were having.

Save yourself the $ and aggravation and go elsewhere!! :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Stephanie H
East Boston
“"Terrible experience"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had my grandsons 5th. birthday party, I paid $300.00 for the party. One of the guests brought in a birthday cake, the manger came over yelling, with the children present, saying that we had to pay an additional $25.00 for the cake and to sing happy birthday. They said if we did not pay the $25.00 we would have to leave or they would call the police. We did not leave and they called the police the police came. The management was very disrespectful to all involved. I wanted my grandson and his friends to stay and finish the party, so I paid the $25.00. I hope when people read this they will not go here, it is a terrible place for kids, pass this on to your friends and family.

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank Joe P
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Kids place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Brought my two kids there and I thought it was filthy, It looked dirty and old to me and the games also looked old. The kids did'nt have fun. Your better off going to Monkey Joes or Monster Mini Golf a mile up the street. I have been there multible
times I just wanted to check this place out one day because the other places were so busy

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Bill M
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I just returned from taking my 16 month old. I went to purchase a few tokens for games as there are not many he is old enough for. I tried to swipe my debit car in the machine and was told by a guy that I needed to get cash from the ATM. The smallest I could take was $20, well over what I wanted to use. I put it in the machine and realized it would not give me any change! I waited for a manager Jessica who was horribly rude. She told me "you get change over there" and pointed to a food stand. She treated me terrible and starting loudly arguing with me telling me she called the manager of the place and "there's nothing you can do" Then she emerged with the "owner" who said people call him "JK" It was just foolish and a terrible way to treat a family trying to enjoy the day. She basically said I was an idiot for not realizing you cannot get change.

• Visited August 2012