“First Trip to Reds Pleasantly Surprised”

Red's Kitchen & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Red's Kitchen & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 166 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Friends of my mothers took us to Reds during the Boston lockdown as we weren't to go in the city when we were visiting. So they took us to Reds for lunch. Three of us had fish three different ways and the fourth was the chicken pot pie. Well the fish was not overcooked and quite tasty for all of us. The pot pie with fries was 7 bucks and alot of food and was very good too. All three entrees were $10.50 or under which may have been specials not sure. Service was prompt efficient and pleasant. With a couple of sodas all four of us had plenty to eat for $44.00 and the food was good. Will go back next time in the area.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Red's is in an odd location on route 1 -- it is attached to a truck stop and towing place. I didn't know what to expect when ny wife and I met some friends there.

I was pleasantly surprised, it is a really nice place with a good atmosphere. The staff handled a party of 10 without a problem.

The food was good, solid tavern fare. I'd go back if I were staying at one of the hotels on route 1.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Thanks to Phantom Gourmet... we tried this great restaurant! We had the steak w/ lobster ravioli and the fisherman's platter. My husband is a fisherman's platter expert and was pleasantly surprised at both the quality and the quantity! My dish was both beautiful and bountiful as well as delicious! Our waitress was fabulous and attentive! I would highly recommend Red's!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I have wanted to try Reds since we are fans of their Salem location. We had no expectations only good food and service. The experience started with our waitresswho brought bread over when we arrived, but no bread plates. Our first course was great so we looked forward to the entrees. The chicken dish I had was tough and lacked any flavor. When the waitress asked how it was I gave her my opinion and she just asked if I wanted anything else. She did not ask what was wrong or offer an apology. My husband's meal was fair at best. I am sorry to say we will not be back or recommend this to our friends.

2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It is the horrible service and by that I mean that as you wait by the door in a crampled llittle space you view multiple tables that are EMPTY!! I spoke to the manager as I saw two hight tops in the bar empty and three tables in the restaurant empty. He said he would get back to me and just walked away. After a 15 minute wait they sat us at an empty table!! WHY couldn;t they have put people in the tables as they were emptied? One manager gave me some stupid story about not having enough help and not wanting to "swamp" the waitress. So if you put me at that table 15 minutes earlier and I still have the same waitress how is that swamping her? HONESTLY they need to get their act together. This is a problem I have encountered EVERY time that I go there and I swear I will not go back but then my husband gives in and we go. It is so annoying and not necessary. The equation is simple. If you have 4 parties waiting and 4 empty tables which have been cleaned etc then you seat the parites and voila.....ZERO empty tables and ZERO annoyed customers. I honestly would not have returned but I had a gift card to use.

1  Thank Gary W

Been to Red's Kitchen & Tavern? Share your experiences!