“Tasty food. Good service. Decently priced.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red's Kitchen & Tavern
Ranked #9 of 163 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
boston, ma
“Tasty food. Good service. Decently priced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is nicely decorated although could use some touch ups as the trim was falling off the wall on the back corner of the dining room. It's a slight notch above a casual restaurant. I had the arugula, apple salad with the Brie and the rack of lamb. The salad was ok. The Brie was deep fried which completely ruined it. The dressing on the arugula needed more flavor. Overall the salad could be improved - I've had better and I love arugula. The rack of lamb was delicious. It was cooked exactly as I ordered it to perfection. It had a herb rubbed Dijon glazed marinade and it was heavenly. Serves with spinach (which was good) and roasted wedge potatoes (not a fan - should use smaller potatoes, skin was too thick). Our server was attentive, pleasant, and professional. Overall, I'd recommend the restaurant if you want something not too expensive but better than a chain restaurant.

1 Thank appleontheroadagain

massachusetts
“Great service on a busy Saturday night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went to Red's with friends after 6pm on a recent Saturday night and the place was very busy but they had two hostess' on to keep things straight and the manager seemed to be checking in with them often (which I like) they said about 20-25 minute wait and that's exactly how long we waited which was awesome.

Waitress came right over as were were seated and was friendly and attentive despite the crowd. We ordered a salad (which was huge) and friends the crab cakes which they enjoyed. The dinners were the salmon, New England clam bake, fisherman's platter and I had pasta with a light cream sauce. All were excellent, the platter was huge and my husband said it was very tasty. I can truly say we were all happy with our dinner and it was pretty reasonable as well as we gave the waitress a good tip (which she deserved) and with that it was only $54 for each couple.

There were plenty of wait staff on which helped, the place is huge. I can say we were very happy with the experience and will be back.

1 Thank Geraldine N
“No surprise it's been in business since 1940's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This was the first restaurant I've visited since moving to town and it's absolutely fabulous. Steak dinner was exquisite and service was great. I'm a 30-something but loved the Frank Sinatra music and retro interior aesthetic. The owner even came over to welcome me to town. Can't wait to try weekend breakfast!

Melrose, Massachusetts
“Definately Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a fairly early dinner with the kids. I should start by saying the staff was great. Everybody had a smile and not much of a wait for anything we asked for. Now food... we began with Calamari which was ok at best. The dipping sauce was good, thank goodness, hit a bit of the bland taste ( I am thinking it may have been frozen, no tenticles). We had Rib Eye, Meat Loaf, Salmon. No judgement on the kids meal. The Rib Eye was served with mashed potato and asparagus which were both good. Rib Eye was very thin and fatty. Salmon very dry and Meat Loaf was dry and not seasoned enough. My husband actually added katsup and extra gravy to it to get by the bland taste. $100. with a beer and wine, just not worth it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Salem, Massachusetts
“Amazing food, decor and team!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Four of us decided to have an early dinner at Red's Kitchen & Tavern last Sunday. So so glad that we did! I have been going to the "original" Red's in Salem for many years but had not been to the new restaurant. What a great spot!

We loved the decor and sat at a hightop by the bar. Service was prompt, professional and fun! During our entire time there I think almost every server, the host, and the owners visited with us and joked with us!

The food was excellent comfort food with a gourmet delivery! The cocktails were perfect and the wine list was great. We started with two apps - the calamari which was perfectly cooked, tender and served with a delicious dipping sauce. we also shared the dumplings which were yummy. the other dishes we had were a burger, the peppered tuna, the haddock special, a wonderful salad, and the stuffed pork chop. Each one was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious.

This will definitely become a regular stop for all of us and if you haven't been, you MUST go! Thanks to everyone there for making our visit such fun.....especially the cheerleader! ;-)

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Red's Kitchen & Tavern? Share your experiences!