“THE STAFF "GETS IT" THAT ITS ALL ABOUT SERVICE”

SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I made my reservation in haste thinking I was staying on Newbury Street in Boston, not Peabody MA.

I arrived to the hotel late at night- frustrated, tired, and lost. I called the hotel for directions and Briane Jurs remained patient and helpful as I gave her attitude about how difficult it was to find.
the property.

I arrived to the front desk.in a very bad mood and was not pleasant at all to the staff. Despite the complaining and negative attitude Chris Hendricks remained calmed, poised, and empathetic while he checked me in with a warm smile. Briane was there and I did not even thank her for her help with the directions. Yet she was empathetic, helpful, and never showed annoyance at my lack of gratitude.

After a good night's sleep I realized the next morning that I actually had experienced incredible service from Chris and Briane. I am posting this to make sure they are recognized for their excellent work and bearing the brunt of my bad mood. Give Chris and Briane a raise yesterday!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eduardo R
JonahWright, Front Desk Supervisor at SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Eduardo,
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. We here at the SpringHill Suites are always striving to make guests' visits one that is relaxing no matter what kind of day they have had. Again, thank you for going out of your way to fill out a review. We look forward to you staying with us again!

Brianne

Reviewed March 1, 2014

A friend and I chose this hotel after going to a concert and the TDGarden. It was a great option as it was only about 20 minutes out of the city and we would be headed home on Rt 1 the next day. We checked in late and the hotel staff was very friendly. Our room was great! Very roomy for two people and extremely clean. The free breakfast was hot and fresh. It included eggs, fruit, Canadian Bacon, a waffle station and cereal. My only suggestion would be that they get some real bacon =)

As others have stated it is easy to miss the entrance, especially during winter with all the snow banks. We made that mistake but luckily the entrance to Sonic is immediately after and there is a small road behind Sonic that connects to the hotel. So if you miss the entrance just turn into Sonic!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
JonahWright, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Kelsey,
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am so happy you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for going out of you way to let future guests know about the back enterance to the hotel. We are currently working on a larger sign to remedy this common frustration that we hear from guests a the hotel.

As for the bacon, I will pass the note on to the breakfast supervisor. We are always looking for ways to excel.
Thank you.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were very excited about the roominess of these guest rooms the minute we walked in! Check in was great as our guest reception offered tremendous assistance identifying our immediate needs (by asking) and then went to work to confirm adjoining guestrooms on a middle floor. Both adjoining rooms were beautifully designed with a partitioned living room with a cushy, super spacious wrap around couch. (Don't relax there too long - you will be out cold in less than 7 minutes flat) The Swivel TV allows you to watch from the living or bedroom. Nice clean pool along with a piping hot Jacuzzi. the perfect fix during a New England Winter. Free breakfast closed the deal on a great hotel value.

Room Tip: Traveling on 1 North, don't miss the hotel entrance! Getting yourself back around to 1 North is...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at Spring Hill Suites for just 1 night recently. Our experience was very positive. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Caitlin checked us in at the desk and she was warm and friendly and very helpful in accommodating any needs we might have. Other personnel we came across were equally as friendly. The next morning, Brianna was wonderful, checking to see that we had everything we needed for breakfast and even suggested that we take some fruit for the road when we checked out. We were also approached by an older gentleman who just was checking on us to be sure all was well. Breakfast was good, with scrambled eggs, potatoe and veggies , Canadian bacon or sausage, breads, bagels, English muffins, waffle maker , and lots of cold choices as well cereals, yogurts, granola, etc.

Our room had 2 very comfortable double beds and a partition separating the beds from a sitting area with sofa and desk. The bathroom was spotless. I always check the inner bathroom shower curtain for mold as this is a classic sign of poor housekeeping. I was very happy to see a spotless curtain..if fact, it looked brand new. The room has a small kitchenette with a microwave and a mini fridge. There was a set of paper plates and plastic wear as well as a small Cuisanart coffee maker.

My only issues worth mentioning are that the signage is small when approaching the hotel on Rt 1. Rt 1 is a treacherous road so be sure to watch for Sonic appearing And know that the hotel entrance is BEFORE Sonic.
The other issue is not specific to this hotel but hotels in general. There never seems to be enough electrical outlets at the bedside. This is an issue when you have a CPAP and we end up having to unplug the clock or lamp. But, again, that's a construction design error in all hotels from what I have seen

I was very impressed with the service at this hotel. I have stayed in Marriott hotels in many many places, and have always have good experiences. I would stay here again, no question.

Room Tip: Although set back from Rt 1, rooms in the back of the hotel may be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank em-T-sails
JonahWright, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

It is always nice to hear feedback from our guests, especially when its positive feedback like yours was. We appreciate you taking the time to do so and will share these comments with the staff. I also wanted to recognize the sign comment you made and let you know that we are currently working on a brand new signage package for the hotel's entrance to make it more visible to you, our guest! We hope to have a solution in the very near future.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you back here in the future!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel is clean and rooms are mini suites which are comfortable and clean. We just spent a week here and the location once you know the multiple ways to get to this hotel is very good access to route 1, 95 and 128. The staff was all very nice and always asking how everything is. One staff member on the night shift, Brianna (hope I spelled it right) stood out and always went out of her way to to make sure we were comfortable. We looked forward to seeing her on many of the evenings when she was working. They do provide free breakfast but gets a bit old after a few days. There is a Sonic burger place, pizza place and Wendy's all within walking distance. Try Red's a short drive north on route 1 on same side as Spring Hill.

We will return to this hotel when back in Peabody area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom B

I will be sure to pass along your comments to the housekeeping department as well as Brianne. They will be delighted to hear all the wonderful things that you have passed along and I very much appreciate you taking the time to do so. Its always nice to hear about the hard work they are putting in, paying off from the guest's perspective.

Thank you and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

OK this is not the Ritz or JW Marriott, but still for what a Spring Hill Suites is I don't think it could get much better. From the moment we entered until we left the next morning the people, not just behind the front desk, but everyone we came in contact with was personable, helpful and just plain nice. What a pleasure. The room - while a little on the small side had nice accommodations - to include a nice work and small, but usable refrigerator. Also, a nice bed! When back in the Peabody area we'll definitely be back at this property. BTW - the front desk folks gave us a great recommendation for a light dinner - and fantastic way to get there without needing you get back on route 1. A BIG plus! Breakfast in AM was standard fare.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am pleased to hear you had such a great stay here and even more pleased that you took time out of your day to share that with us. We dedicate each and everyday to making sure our guests are happy and I am thrilled to hear you were just that.

We hope to see you again in the future and thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

What makes this hotel memorable is undoubtedly the staff!

We decided last minute to pull over and stay as the weather was making travel hazardous. Our check in associate (I think his name was Franco? Night auditor) was so professional and polished!

We checked in late and out early, so did not spend a lot of time there.

Hotel is clean, breakfast well managed and staff amazing!

Congratulations to management of this property! Great job on finding great people.

Stayed: December 2013

We appreciate the feedback about the levels of service you received at the hotel. We spend each day trying to make sure our guests are 100% satisfied before they leave as that is what is most important to us. We could not be more happy you chose our hotel when you pulled over!

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem

Been to SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody? Share your experiences!