“small place, small staff, lots of customers,so”
Review of Maki Sushi Bar

Maki Sushi Bar
Ranked #72 of 166 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed April 21, 2012

You may have a wait, but it's worth it. Saying that, I'm not a sushi expert, and I don't eat raw fish, so I can't judge that. The bento box is a great deal, but as I alluded to, they're a little understaffed during busy times, they need a full time bartender, that would free up the waitress. I've been there twice, and each time it's busy with happy customers, families with little kids, felt like a friendly local place. We had the wasabi shumai for an appetizer, and it was a small plate, but amazingly good.
I would have given four stars (green dots) had the service been better. Oh, the miso soup was just OK.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were a party of four. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. No problem waiting, but there were three tables empty that needed to be cleaned off. Once we were seated it took a while to be approached. One of us had to go up and grab a menu. It took forever for our drinks to come once we ordered. Basically, everything was very slow. None of the waitresses/bartenders were very efficient. Lots of wasted movement. No multitasking. I am so gladd the food was great. We had gyoza, crispy calimari and eddemame to start. All very good. We then had some rolls: a catterpillar, a firecracker, a volcano, a spicy tuna and a conch. All were excellent. We then orders some negeri sushi. We had yellowtail, salmon and tuna. Again, all excellent. The mixed drinks were good. I would go back again, but not at 7:30 on a Saturday night. You just have to prepare youself to expect it to be slow. I really hope the service gets better.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We had firecracker sushi, 114 sushi, California sushi, seaweed salad and spicy edamame all were fresh and tasty. Nice people and clean bigger than expected. Hours seem to be odd, closed between 2 pm and 5 pm, Now they announced new hours they will be closed all day until 5 pm. Lunch and afternoon seem to perfect for sushi to me.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

stay away! gross food and zero atmosphere! service was ok but tempura was donut like and teriyaki was burnt and yucky!

Been to Maki Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!