“Thai restaurant”
Review of The King and I - CLOSED

The King and I
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Took grandson who loves Thai food. Very tasteful,, good service pleasant surroundings ,convenient location

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I get nervous every time I walk into The King and I and see a less-than-full restaurant. And it's a small place! It began years ago as a KFC, then a pretty bad Chinese eatery. But then, a Thai restaurant came to town! The food is delicious (pumpkin curry a favorite), the staff friendly and attentive. Atmosphere? Not bad considering the original use of the building! I have enjoyed each and every dish I've tried, or sampled from friends' plates. I notice several people coming in for takeout. Hope that means they're doing well!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Called in for some suggestions on soup and recieved great advice. The soup was spicy, hot, and delicious..which is exactly what I wanted considering I was had a really terrible cold. Also have had the pad thai and pad mei, both very good.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Went for birthday lunch. Had Thai food once before. Wife was not happy , I was. Convinced her to try The King&I. What a surprise. Started with House sampler(Satay beef&chicken,Bangkok Ravioli,Crab Rangoon, Winter Shrimp,& Thai Roll with Peanut and sweet&sour sauces,2 of each) Fantastic. Wife had Tamarind Duck(boneless, fried with pineapple, veggies and a sweet&sour Thai Tamarind sauce. Wife absolutely loved it! There was so many pieces of duck! I had Pad Thai(waitress said it was the most popular meal). Great! The owner, Vic, was in the dining room and spoke with each customer. He is from Laos(here about 20yrs). Great chef. Very good waitress. Don't let the building fool you(had been a Chinese restaurant for years, building looks like and old KFC type). You won't be disappointed here!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

This is our third time eating at this restaurant. The first two times were great with really good service and good tasting food. Unfortunately, this has changed. When we arrived, there were only two tables with patrons. It took a little while for the hostess/waitress to acknowledge us and she greeted us with "I guess I'LL clean a table" as if the job was a chore and should have been done by someone else. She seats us and walks away without giving us menus. 5 minutes later, she returns and seeing that we are staring into space, gets us two menus. We order and wait. Meanwhile, we are not given water, plates, utensils, or napkins. Our appetizer comes out (thai rolls, very good) and a different waitress realizes that we need something to eat with and gets it. Then the meals come out and they don't give me the rice I ordered. My dish was overly tomato flavored and my spouse's dish was overcooked with dry chicken and was unevenly spiced with an overly thick sauce. The bill comes and my missing rice is on the bill so I had to send it back to be corrected. Throughout our meal, we watched various customers come in for take out and wait much longer than promised and overheard the hostess/waitress yapping about her non work related activities. The visit was a disappointment.

3  Thank jennifer1020