“AWFUL!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

There was a fly in my salad. A huge, dead fly! I almost tossed my cookies right there! I was so disgusted, I told the manager and she just tried to quiet me down. I just walked out.
I should have passed on the salad bar. It's all left out in the open, and the lettuce was old and starting to turn bad. They shut the cover for the plates but leave the food wide open... SMART... NOT!!!
I will never, ever go there again. Nothing's changed with the new name... i wonder if the lettuce fell off the truck just like those lobsters years ago.

6  Thank Chris P

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went there at lunch on a Monday with my daughter and granddaughter. Service was Very slow..(just waiting for beverages) Then finally we ordered and the wrong food was brought out and the Baby's food tasted like it was Days old..(mac &cheese) We Never saw the server again and had to hunt her down for the check. Luckily for us My granddaughter was able to last the whole time. It took 1&1/2 hour for lunch... Not good ...Will Never return again. I thought with the new name something might have changed ... but same old..same old... Not worth my time or money..

5  Thank Mary R
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Food, service and prices were excellent. My father in law wasn't sure were he wanted it and suggested this place and everything went of with no complications, everything was perfect, food and service..I highly recommend food was great,hot, and like I said they had everything in order..and I am very very picky and like everything just so,,I don't know what the other people are talking about..you won't be disapointed

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had our dads 80th b-day party here. The manager was very nice and helpful. We had 35 guests in the deck room. They brought out the food and when I finally got up, I along with others were very disappointed in the quality. The pasta was cold and the sauce had a weird taste, not like any Italian restaurant I've been to, or my own! The roasted potatoes had some undercooked which were hard, the roasted chicken looked like it was boiled, not crispy like you would think, and meatballs were pretty dry and tasteless. These comments came from a few I heard. For the money we spent, we would not return to this establishment. They mentioned there was a new chef, I wonder how bad the old one was!

5  Thank Deb H
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have dined here when it was Periwinkles back in the fall of 2012. I knew the son had taken it over. We were looking for fried whole clams and Ronnie's had closed. I guess the cooks really wanted to go home at 9 pm when we came in. Either that or they were too busy watching the Bruins playoff game to give a S#!& what the customers were served. We ordered whole belly clams and crabcakes. Both the clams and crabcakes were delicious, although they don't serve an aioli or sauce to go with the crab cakes and the clams get your standard tarter sauce. So, they were good clams you can get anywhere. As we uncovered our fries , I noticed they were very light in color. When I bit into one, it was raw inside! SO gross! We almost finish our choices, which we split between the 2 of us. My friend takes a bite of the cole slaw - usually a good finisher to a plate of clams, and has to spit it out. It had turned. I picked up the cup of slaw and just smelt it and it was nasty. I pointed out the fries to the waitress, Alana, early on in the meal and she immediately brought us better fries. She smelled the slaw too and agreed it had, if fact, turned. Now , I didn't ask for any favors from the waitress, nor did management come out at anytime to handle the situation, but I feel, that if you spend $20.99 for a clam dinner and you get an average portion of clams over under-cooked fries and rancid cole slaw, there should have been some discount on the bill, as is usually customary, since you didn't get what you paid for. We got a full bill, which we paid, and left the waitress a generous tip,since we didn't blame her for the cooking. But folks, beware, we will never go back and you should all think twice before you go too.

3  Thank LSpharaoh