“Raw French Fries and Rancid Cole Slaw”

J. Anthony's Italian Grill
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have dined here when it was Periwinkles back in the fall of 2012. I knew the son had taken it over. We were looking for fried whole clams and Ronnie's had closed. I guess the cooks really wanted to go home at 9 pm when we came in. Either that or they were too busy watching the Bruins playoff game to give a S#!& what the customers were served. We ordered whole belly clams and crabcakes. Both the clams and crabcakes were delicious, although they don't serve an aioli or sauce to go with the crab cakes and the clams get your standard tarter sauce. So, they were good clams you can get anywhere. As we uncovered our fries , I noticed they were very light in color. When I bit into one, it was raw inside! SO gross! We almost finish our choices, which we split between the 2 of us. My friend takes a bite of the cole slaw - usually a good finisher to a plate of clams, and has to spit it out. It had turned. I picked up the cup of slaw and just smelt it and it was nasty. I pointed out the fries to the waitress, Alana, early on in the meal and she immediately brought us better fries. She smelled the slaw too and agreed it had, if fact, turned. Now , I didn't ask for any favors from the waitress, nor did management come out at anytime to handle the situation, but I feel, that if you spend $20.99 for a clam dinner and you get an average portion of clams over under-cooked fries and rancid cole slaw, there should have been some discount on the bill, as is usually customary, since you didn't get what you paid for. We got a full bill, which we paid, and left the waitress a generous tip,since we didn't blame her for the cooking. But folks, beware, we will never go back and you should all think twice before you go too.

3  Thank LSpharaoh

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant was just completely redone and updated from the last owners, The décor is bright and very clean. The bar in the lounge has a cooling plate to keep your drinks cold. Their outside patio has soft and comfy seats and a fire pit. We arrived with a party of 6 and where seated very quickly in a retro styled part of the lounge. they offer Italian bread with an Olive oil/ tomato dipping sauce. The menu offerings are very plentiful and our meal was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for your dining pleasure.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Everthing was excellent besides being charged 6.95 EACH for 2 shot of Jack Daniels,yes,13.90 plus tax and tip.Food was great and reasonable and beer was great and reasonable.Ashley our server was super nice and fast.Ashley called the Hostess over,she went back to the bar and confirmed that the Jack Daniels is 6.95 a shot,the most I have ever paid is 4.50 and that was at a higher end restaurant so.......

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Easter was the first time in many years that our entire family on both sides was able to gather for lunch. Also my first experience at this restaurant. We were running late for our reservation with half the family already there. The service was very pleasant with the waitress coming right over asking us for beverages so we did not keep the rest of the family waiting to long for us. Our meals came out with no mistakes made. The family had no complaints , while raving about the ham with a delicious raisin sauce. Couple of us ordered the seafood stew which just blew our expectations.Overall our visit was great seeing relavtives we have not seen in a long time while enjoying a delicious lunch.

1  Thank Sandra D
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband & I have been together for many years. He proposed to me during Christmas when we traveled to upstate N.Y to spend the holiday with my family. We then decided to plan a reception before he had to go back into the service. We traveled to a couple of different venues to see what was best for our budget & the atmosphere we desired. We booked J.Anthonys right after the new year then quickly got all of our invites out. They are very pleasant & professional to work with, every time something popped up i would call & always recieved a response right away. My reception was everything i could wish for, other than the weather & temperature outside. Our meals were delicious & i am still receiving phone calls about how hot & delicious everything was. When the night was running out we asked if we could stay an hour or so longer and the wedding coordinator said yes with no extra fee. We had an unbelievable time with very short time to plan on our part. Thank You J.Anthonys

5  Thank sknight333

Been to J. Anthony's Italian Grill? Share your experiences!