“Best Homemade Baked Pies” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Otis Poultry Farm

Otis Poultry Farm
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Otis
More attraction details
Owner description: Poultry farm tours and store.
Enfield, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best Homemade Baked Pies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

So, you walk in and you may be a little scared at first. But the smells coming from the kitchen give you direction! Some of the best baked pies we have ever had. Have been visiting here for over 40 years. The building has not changed nor has the baking! Top quality! If you don't see what you want...ask! They have a stash in the freezer that thaw to perfection!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank KileyClan

connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Yummy chicken pot pies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is always a stop for us when we're driving Rt.8. We load up on the pot pies (chicken& turkey) and chicken soup.Yes, the place looks a little worn but no different than we first starting going there years ago. My concern this visit was that we saw a few for sale signs (for commercial property) near their property, or what I assume is their property, and wonder if it will be closing. The cashier didn't know when I asked.

Visited October 2013
Parish, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“now just a minute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have stopped in OPF every time I and my family have gone by on a trip to visit my brother and mom in connecticut (since 1971). We were going there before they even put on their addition years and years ago. Their products are great and the store is and will always be a part of our trip and our past. As for the guy behind the counter, well he is a legend as several reviews and I am sure many who have'nt written reviews certainly feel. He does know how to smile and always does when we interact with him. I even ask him the same question every time we go in. "Are your feet glued to the floor?" He always tolerates me and quite often retorts in a thick new england accent. We stopped in on 9/24/12 and noticed the for sale signs. When OPF is sold, a piece of me will be gone forever and I will mourn the loss every time we drive by.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Robert G
Bridgeport, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great chicken soup and frozen pot pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Last March I was on my way for a get a way and pulled in for lunch. I had outstanding soup and the frozen pot pie is the best I have had, lots of meat and veggies great value

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Thomas G
New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“How very very sad... It used to be one of our favorite spots.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Like other reviewers, we have always looked forward to our visits to OPF when traveling up Route 8. Recently we made our first visit in a while and we just got really sad when we walked in. They used to have a huge assortment of dried fruits/candies that is now nearly gone. They used to have all sorts of interesting chatchkas, all gone. The "internet cafe" is only open a few days a week. Some former refrigerated area now serves as a display case for potato chips.

And where was the guy with the hard hat? We always loved him and the other guy that seemed to work there all the time. The current staff or owners are just unpleasant. Like, why should we bother?

A visit to OPF used to be a fun experience. We always bought stuff. Now it is not a shadow of its former self. And the big piece of land to the left has a for sale sign up, so who knows what's going on. It's just really sad to see. You wouldn't be surprised to see the whole thing boarded up in a few months.

Visited August 2012