“Some of the worst service I've ever had.”
Review of Sweet Tomatoes Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweet Tomatoes Pizza
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family and I went to the Osterville Sweet Tomatoes and I can guarantee I'll never go back. The restaurant has an odd set up to it but we were able to get a booth. It seemed to be a busy time with a lot of people waiting for take-out orders. We were told right off the bat that it would be a long time before our pizza would be ready (we ordered three) because they were busy, so we ordered an appetizer of french fries for the kids to tide them over while we waited. Needless to say, the fries arrived more than an hour later, just seconds before two of the pizzas. The third pizza came about five minutes later, with no apologies or explanations. The pizza itself was fine, but I just could not believe how terrible the service was--among the worst I've ever experienced. It seemed that they couldn't care less that they were horrible workers. At one point my mother started to ask a waitress a question and she said, "I'm too busy right now." No friendliness or politeness from any of the staff during our entire visit, and believe me, we were there a LONG time. In addition, the food is pricey and tables were dirty. The only reason I'm giving Sweet Tomatoes two stars instead of one is that the food was decent enough. Even so, I will never go back.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I ate there only because the other restaurants were packed, and we expected a typical pizza joint experience.
We were pleasantly surprised with the the quality of the food and the service.
The manager, whose name I did not get, impressed us both with his attentiveness to our needs and his professionalism.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Great, very thin crust pizza with lots of interesting toppings (pizza Sarah!!!!) and delish salads (goat cheese) but very expensive!!! We still eat it anyway :-)

1  Thank Mobyzoe
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I often wonder why this place doesn't get more traffic or attention. The pizza and salads are uniformly excellent. They sell by the slice, too, making it a great lunch stop. I'd stay away from the sandwiches, which are basically what you can make at home.

The pizza crusts are all whole wheat, but surprisingly light and crispy. I would expect something denser and heartier, but these are just-right thin crusts. You don't come away feeling like you've just eaten a place of greasy cheese and toppings.

There are other Sweet Tomatoes outlets on The Cape, but I have not visited them, so I don't know if all the menus are similar. This is worth seeking out.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

since the new ownership the quality of the food has declined dramatically. i ordered the chicken parmesan pasta dish - $11.00 - for takeout yesterday. i wish i had spent my money elswhere. there was at least a half-pound of sticky, overcooked angel hair pasta with one lousy (small) piece of chicken. virtually no sauce on the entire dish, as well as no flavor.
i am sad as sweet tomatoes used to be one of my favorite places to eat. too bad darren sold to someone who just doesn't give a darn.

1  Thank gmamadog