“unexpected delight” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“unexpected delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I ate there only because the other restaurants were packed, and we expected a typical pizza joint experience.
We were pleasantly surprised with the the quality of the food and the service.
The manager, whose name I did not get, impressed us both with his attentiveness to our needs and his professionalism.

• Visited May 2012

Cape Cod, MA
“Great pizza but overpriced!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Great, very thin crust pizza with lots of interesting toppings (pizza Sarah!!!!) and delish salads (goat cheese) but very expensive!!! We still eat it anyway :-)

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Mobyzoe
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a hidden gem of a pizza joint in Osterville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I often wonder why this place doesn't get more traffic or attention. The pizza and salads are uniformly excellent. They sell by the slice, too, making it a great lunch stop. I'd stay away from the sandwiches, which are basically what you can make at home.

The pizza crusts are all whole wheat, but surprisingly light and crispy. I would expect something denser and heartier, but these are just-right thin crusts. You don't come away feeling like you've just eaten a place of greasy cheese and toppings.

There are other Sweet Tomatoes outlets on The Cape, but I have not visited them, so I don't know if all the menus are similar. This is worth seeking out.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
marstons mills
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

since the new ownership the quality of the food has declined dramatically. i ordered the chicken parmesan pasta dish - $11.00 - for takeout yesterday. i wish i had spent my money elswhere. there was at least a half-pound of sticky, overcooked angel hair pasta with one lousy (small) piece of chicken. virtually no sauce on the entire dish, as well as no flavor.
i am sad as sweet tomatoes used to be one of my favorite places to eat. too bad darren sold to someone who just doesn't give a darn.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank gmamadog
Boston, MA
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Pizza here was fantastic. They are known for having a very sweet tomato taste with chunks of them in the sauce. If you prefer no chunks (like me) they can accommodate this as well. The pizza a thin crust style and they have an array of toppings to choose. My girlfriend and I had half feta & red pepper and half mushroom, garlic & eggplant.

However, I won’t comment on the service, as I don’t feel there is a need to. This is just a sit in or take-out pizza place. I was not expecting them to do more than take the order and bring the pizza.

If you're ever in Osterville or the Barnstable area, this is a solid pizza joint!