“Nothing extraordinary”

JO Mamas New York Bagels
Ranked #24 of 58 Restaurants in Orleans
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just went over the week-end...Reasonable prices but nothing special. Egg & sausage on a bagel $4.00. We stay at Ocean Edge so it's close by. My child had a bagel w/ cream cheese...way too much cream cheese. We threw 1/2 of the cream cheese away. Just ok & we probably won't go back. CUTE store next door with may unique items! "She sells"...that is worth stopping for.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is the only place on the real Cape where I have found real bagels. The coffee is good too. A real coffee shop.

Last week I was walking inside when an elderly gentleman, sitting outside drinking coffee with his wife, gave me a big "Good morning"! I quickly had to shake off my Massachusetts disposition and remember that other cultures are actually outwardly friendly. Good morning to you to, Sir!

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I went into Jo Mama's this past Friday, June 15th. You'd think the place was packed due to the line that was to the door, well that wasn't the case. Only 3 people ahead of me and the overall restaurant is maybe 400 sq feet including behind the counter where the staff works. It took just over 10 minutes for them to take my order.

And as I was ordering (a breakfast sandwich on an everything bagel - and the last one I was eyeing while waiting in line) the young girl went to ring me out when another female worker took a phone call.. apparantly that caller also was seeking an everything bagel. She grabbed the bagel and started prepping it. I spoke up, a little irritated saying I just placed my order and EVEN paid, yet she's trying to give this phone order seniority over me?? Whom HAS NOT paid?!

I was so irritated! Not only did I wait for ten minutes to place my order, I had my order snatched right out from under my nose and was not even given the benefit of the doubt due to the circumstances. I was told, "im sorry ma'am, the phone caller is driving here for an order they believe is being filled." Ontop of it, the girl who took the phone order, HEARD my order. I did not get it and still don't. And when I asked for a refund on my $5 breakfast sandwich, they both gave me a hard time over it. I even offered to still accept my $4.50 latte, and not walk out the door overall. And when I asked to speak to the owner, both said that she was not in today. Funny thing is, I know the owner by knowing mutual people, and her car was parked outside. I was EXTREMELY disappointed.

Another reviewer mentioned that Jo Mama beats going to Dunkin Donuts. Sadly, now I disagree. I went right over to Dunkins afterwards, 7 people in front of me, same amount of staff and I only waited 4 minutes. They were nice & greeted me, even commented on my intricate t-shirt. I'm never, ever going back to Jo Mama's again. And I'm sad to say that. I'm also not being quiet about my experience & turned off 3 other local regulars that go in as well.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

this place has the best wraps , coffee and bagels in the Cape

Reviewed May 23, 2012

great menu selection. healthy. fresh. good for take out or casual bite. yummy.