“Delightful!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Newport News, Virginia
“Delightful!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've been going to this bakery for years, my whole life, really... and am impressed by whatever I order, every time I go. This past trip, I got my breakfast to go every day! and enjoyed it from the benches of a beautiful beach nearby. Cottage Street Bakery serves fresh, scratch made deliciousness. My personal favorites are their chocolate croissant (to die for!), and their signature "dirt bomb" aka "french puff". They also serve wonderful organic Nauset coffee, which is the perfect accompaniment to these mouth watering pastries. Their muffins, scones and sticky buns are also wonderful. I truly don't see how you can go wrong with anything you order! This is one of the Cape's many hidden gems.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cara S

Bethel, New York
“Weekend Wedding - Quick AM B'fast”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Looking for breakfast, but found danish or scones with a very good coffee only.
Breakfast sandwiches for a couple of us barely did the trick - nothing like
the 'board' description. Breads and bakery items were sweet delights.
Basically, we were steered in the wrong direction by brochure info.
Take home these goodies - party order from here OR use this for an in-between pick-me-up.

• Visited August 2013
California
“Poor customer service. Nothing Special.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Breakfast sandwich was ok, but you can get the same things at Subway for less $$. Blueberry muffin and croissant were just ok, nothing you can't get at Starbucks or Stop and Shop. I think i would have given it a 4 rating but the service was just plain bad. We ordered our sandwiches and were told by the girl behind the counter that the only bread they have is rye - no problem, we can have the sandwiches on rye. After 5 min of waiting we were told by the same girl that they don't have rye bread, just multigrain - hmm ok, i am fine with that but the way she communicate that made me feel like it was my fault they were out of bread - rude tone, eye rolling - we got the full treatment. In the meantime i saw a lady walk in, ask a question and leave after not getting a response for several minutes. Someone made a comment : ohh you just lost a customer, and the girl responded with an eye roll and something like " she can come back tomorrow". Girl behind the cash register was really nice, but unfortunately her friend might have been one of the most unfriendly people i have seen.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank kahaz
Boston, Massachusetts
“second to none”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

their bread is second to none and the pastry's are fantastic, get there early if you want them because they sell out so fast but it is worth getting up and going early because the coffee is wonderful too

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Cranberry almond muffins are the best!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It was our first trip to the Cottage Street Bakery and over the week it quickly became our go-to breakfast stop. It's super cute inside, with a few small tables and a big counter full of baked goodies (!!!).

The cranberry almond muffins are amazing - the perfect combination of subtle almond flavor and cranberries. They go perfectly with a nice cup of the Cape brand Beanstock coffee (my fav was the Nauset Blend). I wasn't a fan of the Dirt Bomb--way too sweet for my taste.

We also got breakfast sandwiches--the veggie was by far the best, with big roasted peppers and other vegetables on toasty multigrain bread. Overall, cute Cape spot perfect for breakfast.

• Visited August 2013