“Weekend Wedding - Quick AM B'fast”

Cottage Street Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Bethel, New York
“Weekend Wedding - Quick AM B'fast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Looking for breakfast, but found danish or scones with a very good coffee only.
Breakfast sandwiches for a couple of us barely did the trick - nothing like
the 'board' description. Breads and bakery items were sweet delights.
Basically, we were steered in the wrong direction by brochure info.
Take home these goodies - party order from here OR use this for an in-between pick-me-up.

• Visited August 2013

California
“Poor customer service. Nothing Special.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Breakfast sandwich was ok, but you can get the same things at Subway for less $$. Blueberry muffin and croissant were just ok, nothing you can't get at Starbucks or Stop and Shop. I think i would have given it a 4 rating but the service was just plain bad. We ordered our sandwiches and were told by the girl behind the counter that the only bread they have is rye - no problem, we can have the sandwiches on rye. After 5 min of waiting we were told by the same girl that they don't have rye bread, just multigrain - hmm ok, i am fine with that but the way she communicate that made me feel like it was my fault they were out of bread - rude tone, eye rolling - we got the full treatment. In the meantime i saw a lady walk in, ask a question and leave after not getting a response for several minutes. Someone made a comment : ohh you just lost a customer, and the girl responded with an eye roll and something like " she can come back tomorrow". Girl behind the cash register was really nice, but unfortunately her friend might have been one of the most unfriendly people i have seen.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank kahaz
Orleans, Massachusetts
“second to none”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

their bread is second to none and the pastry's are fantastic, get there early if you want them because they sell out so fast but it is worth getting up and going early because the coffee is wonderful too

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Cranberry almond muffins are the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

It was our first trip to the Cottage Street Bakery and over the week it quickly became our go-to breakfast stop. It's super cute inside, with a few small tables and a big counter full of baked goodies (!!!).

The cranberry almond muffins are amazing - the perfect combination of subtle almond flavor and cranberries. They go perfectly with a nice cup of the Cape brand Beanstock coffee (my fav was the Nauset Blend). I wasn't a fan of the Dirt Bomb--way too sweet for my taste.

We also got breakfast sandwiches--the veggie was by far the best, with big roasted peppers and other vegetables on toasty multigrain bread. Overall, cute Cape spot perfect for breakfast.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MsquaredL
New Haven, Connecticut
“I was disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I read reviews about this bakery before I visited the Cape and felt like I could not miss it. I was extremely disappointed. It is a very cute little bakery but the food was nothing special at all. The reviews I read before I went said "you must have da bomb muffin, get there early because they sell out". I tried it - four of them to be exact and even my kids didn't like them because they were basically a ball of sugar. I had a scone which was good. My daughter tried a chocolate chip cookie which was only average.

Visited August 2013