“I like this pool better than Disney World, Dad! (my son Casper)”

Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed March 6, 2009

My wife and two kids spent a long weekend on the Cape and truly enjoyed our stay at the Olde Tavern.

We knew we'd be taken care of properly by the friendly and attentive staff. Brandon was at our beck and call when we asked for more towels and obviously took pride in making sure we were settled in comfortably.

The room was clean, comfortable, and charming. We had plenty of space for a family of four. The Olde Tavern is in a great location and we were able to hit all of the nearby locations on our list.

The family especially enjoyed the pool. It was warm, private and clean. My 8 year-old son even said, "I like this pool better than Disney World, Dad." Hey, if Casper is happy, then so am I!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed March 6, 2009

I had an unbelievable stay at this location Labor Day weekend. 08. It was a great location in central Orleans - close to bike trail, beach, walk to town center, etc with clean and efficient rooms for my family and I. The best part of the weekend was the advice and guidance from the on premise owner. I forget his name but he is an excitable quirky man who over muffins at the fantastic continental breakfast gave us options on what to do to fill our days (he grew up on location). This personable advice adds an enormous amount of value to our stay. If you stay at this hotel you will enjoy - if you can get away from the hotel with the wife go to Mahoney's a few blocks down and sit at the bar - a local guy Chris will keep your drinks full and the laughs coming.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2009

We stayed here in August and i must say that we had a lovely stay at the hotel. It was extremely clean and well taken care of. It is centrally located to everything we wanted to do; beach, restaurants, shopping, etc. The service was wonderful and the owner, Brandon, was very helpful in pointing out some great restaurants in the area. We will certainly be returning to this motel again next Summer and may even stay an extra week!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2009

The Olde Tavern Motel was the perfect place for my girlfriend and I to stay. First of all, location, location, location!!! The location was perfect. Everything is so close! Great restaurants (Lobster!!), bagel shops, coffee shops, pizza places, Cape Cod League Baseball games, the market...everything you need. And it's all within walking distance. The best part is that the motel is locally and family owned, so they always send you to the best places. It's almost like having a concierge at a high class hotel. And if you don't feel like fighting the crowd at the beach, they have a great pool. Now about the motel: clean as can be, beautiful flowers, and friendly service. It's the perfect Cape Cod experience without having to spend all you money on a tiny little cottage. Highly recommend the Olde Tavern!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed here during the off season - a great time to visit the cape - and we thought it was wonderful. The rooms are absolutely spotless, the beds very comfortable, and the location perfect. The owner, Brandon, went out of his way to make us feel welcome. He is an exceptional innkeeper ! Willing to go out of his way to help with anything needed, and knows the Cape so well that he is a great source of info on places to go and things to do. We feel so comfortable with the Old Tavern that we have already booked a week in the summer for our two (twenty-something) daughters - location and especially safety were most important to us - and the fact that they will be staying at a place where the owners care! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I wanted to tell the valued customers on trip advisor about my wonderful experience when staying at The Olde Tavern Inn and Motel. Our entire wedding party stayed for the weekend as well as guests from out of town. The staff was so helpful and so nice. I could not have asked for anything more. I was so stressed about everything else but the staff and Brandon made the weekend sail smoothly with no issues with lodging and accomodating my guests. It is a modest inn at a great value. My guests all raved about the service and location. My new husband and I plan to spend every anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Great location in the middle of Orleans, but still a quiet setting. Comfortable, relaxing and laid back. Heated pool in late May was great.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Cape Point Hotel
Seashore Park Inn
Seashore Park Inn
#7 of 8 in Orleans
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Olde Tavern Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!