“Great location on the cape.”

Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here with my granddaughter for a short little vacation. She had never been to the cape so we needed a place where she could see a little bit of all the cape has to offer. It was a nice distance from P-town since that was one of our day trips. The rest of the time we had all of the quaint towns of the cape to venture to. The room was nice with a front and a back door to the pool. The pool area was quiet since it was behind the motel. It had a refrigerator which kept our waters cold. They provided coffee and muffins every morning at the office. The workers were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I (5 total) stayed just one night, so we did not get to use the pool or become too familiar with the staff. However, from what we did experience, I can say I would stay here again.

The rooms were spotlessly clean. We occupied two rooms, and all of us independently commented on how clean the rooms were. That's a BIG plus on my scale.

The woman at the front desk was quiet but very kind, and quick with directions to a local restaurant. She obviously knows the area. (Nothing more frustrating than having hotel staff know nothing about the surrounding area!) And regarding the surrounding area - this motel is well located if you plan to hit several areas on the Cape. It's a good midpoint such that you aren't much farther than 30 or 45 minutes from just about any beach or town.

The bathroom had plenty of shelf space to handle the toiletries of two or more occupants, but was oddly spare with towel racks. The shower had quite good water pressure, which is always appreciated.

The room lighting is somewhat dim, and you need to keep the curtains open to really have sufficient light. There is a window air conditioner that seems to do the job keeping the room cool. There is a deck out the back of the room, but no chairs or tables to sit and enjoy the quiet away from the road. There are little plastic chairs out the front of the room, and you could transfer those to the back. If we stayed longer, that's probably what I would have done.

The bed was low and a bit stiff. I'm not sure how many nights I could sleep on it before I'd be waking up sore. And probably the biggest complaint was that the pillows were darn flat. Just fluffy enough to still warrant being called a pillow. But only barely. I had to fold one over to get enough support in place. Staying here again, I'd bring my own pillow. Between that and the stiff mattress, like I said, I'm not sure how many nights before the actual sleeping would be a problem.

There is a step up into the rooms, and the height of that step changes depending on which room you're in. If you have any mobility problems (like my mother, who was with us), be sure to request a room with a shallower step. Ours had a deep enough step it was difficult for my mother. On the same note, the room had a tub, so, again, if you have anyone in your party with mobility problems, you might want to specifically request a handicap room. (I assume they have them - we just didn't think to ask for some reason!!)

Overall, the sheer cleanliness of the rooms, the friendly staff, and the location make this a motel to recommend. But for your comfort, I'd suggest bringing your own pillow to ensure a better night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Brandon was very friendly and welcoming. The staff was quick to suggest local eateries and other gems of knowledge most visitors are likely unaware of. They had handouts and directions readily available. Definitely will stay there again.

The bathroom floor had a few loose tiles that need to be re-grouted, but no other complaints.

Room Tip: Great location, large clean pool, friendly staff. Lighting needs some updating, but wonderful VALUE.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in Olde Tavern Motel & Inn in Jul-Aug 2012. What impressed us was the beautiful pool in the back end facing right into the woods. The landscape in pool area was meticulously maintained. It was a refreshing experience dipping in the pool after spending a day at the beach, feeling connected to the tranquil nature.
The amenities in the motel were clean and simple, room size was decent. The staff at the front desk was knowledgeable about the history of the Cape and the motel itself. The reception room was indeed a historical building moved from its original site. The touch of history added to the charm of the Olde Tavern Inn.
A memorable place to stay in Orleans, MA.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a family run, no-frills motel where the guys who run it can't do enough to make your stay a great one. We've been staying here since before we had kids and have been coming back for 26 years. If you're looking for the Ritz Carlton, this motel is not for you. If you're looking for a friendly staff, a clean room and a nice, private heated pool that is very kid friendly then give this place a try. We consider it a home away from home. It's very conveniently located near great restaurants, the bike trail and both bay and ocean beaches.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda Q
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our second year staying at The Old Tavern motel. We highly recommend this quaint motel because of the location and attentive and friendly owners, Brandon and his father Tony. Upon checkin we were greeted by a friendly and accommodating front desk clerk who showed us to our room and brought us extra towels and pillows. The room & bathroom were very clean. If you are looking for a resort hotel with room service and extra amenities then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a clean motel with comfortable beds and friendly attentive staff then you need to look no further. The outdoor pool was clean and refreshing after spending the day at the beach. It was nice waking up and sitting out front of the motel admiring the beautiful flower gardens. Excellent location to town and local beaches, cost and exceptional customer service is what keeps us
returning!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room was certainly clean, the price was reasonable, the desk attendant was very friendly and helpful (never saw Brandon and Dave, though), and the location is convenient.

However, the room was very worn and poorly lighted. There were barely any towel racks and no door hook in the bathroom (which would be simple to remedy). The office wasn't open until 8:30 in the morning, which for most people is pretty late to start offering breakfast coffee.

Lastly -- and I am truly not a princess-and-the-pea type -- they should consider replacing the sheets, which must have a very high polyester content, because I spent 3 of the sweatiest nights I can remember. Everyone in our party (5 adults) reported the same experience, so I know I'm not crazy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank conguirk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Olde Tavern Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!