“Great staff and clean nice stay!”

Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My family enjoyed staying at the Old Tavern Motel in the Cape. Although it was my first time in the Cape and I have never stayed at any other hotel there before I thought the location and stay was nice. Yes the rooms are dated but I felt from my stay as well as seeing other places there it seems like the perfect for the area. The hotel was a good match to the historic area. The rooms were very clean and the mattresses were great! That was the one thing that was dated. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking to stay in that area. So the price, staff and locations was perfect for my family!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Staff seldom available. But extremely talkative. Low water pressure in shower. Tub drain so slow you are standing in water. Overall poor maintenance. There are many other better choices in town. Some with continental breakfast. Don't be mislead by positive reviews as we were!

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank oceana101
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Service was great - very helpful and friendly. We are not a picky family and often find the understated old-style motels quite enjoyable. We don't need all the modern upgrades to make the vacation special as we spend most of the time outdoors. It is always nice though in the afternoons to have a nice room to go back to so you can take a break and relax for an hour or two before settting off for the evening. We really did not enjoy our room enough to do that. It was really dark (not enough interior lighting) and the room smelled like one of those tree-shaped deodorizers that they sell for cars. Besides that, however, the room was very clean and the bathroom shower had fantastic water pressure.

We enjoyed being so close to Orleans village as we could walk to breakfast every morning (loved Jo Mama's), to dinner, and to the market to gather supplies for the day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank From_the_Farmlet
oldtavernmotel, Owner at Olde Tavern Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

A message from the Olde Tavern Motel Family Owners, with 30 years of Local Cape Cod Hospitality.
We very much appreciate your feedback. We take no offense in our attempt to interpret all reviews in a professional manner. All such constructive criticisms are then transferred to our Property Management System, and resolved. It is essential for our guests to understand our family is dedicated to proactively addressing, and updating our place here.
Please be assured all large and small repair jobs, are handled on an immediate basis. Other cited shortcomings, are sometimes best addressed in our off-season, as we strive to improve our property and accommodations on a yearly basis.

After 30 years, our love, for what we do, has only grown. Therefore, our dedication has driven us to strive for more. Ultimately, our goal is to please everyone, while realizing that it is not always possible. However, given that we see and hear the vast majority of our guests enjoying our facility, we would like to assure all past, present and future guests that we are absolutely committed to our guests' satisfaction. We value feedback from all guests equally, whether from a 25 year repeat guest, or a first time visitor, your opinion is important to us.

We love our huge repeat guest population, and work to build upon that population on a daily basis. If by chance, during your stay, you have any concerns, please visit our front desk, and we will work to resolve them. That is our promise to you, in remaining dedicated to making your stay with us as pleasurable as possible.

The Bader Family

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I am having difficulty putting into words how great this motel is. The staff is incredibly friendly, considerate and supportive, making you feel like family visiting rather than a simple guest in their motel. They made sure that my stay was as comfortable and stress free as possible. The location is perfect, very close to the ocean front and the bay side, and the staff will make sure that you know all the local spots to eat, drink, play, and do whatever it is you would like to do on the Cape! The room we stayed in was the perfect size and very clean. I would absolutely recommend this Motel to anyone looking for a place to stay on Cape Cod, two thumbs way up!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I had such a great experience at the Old Tavern Motel! It was the perfect location, the rooms were clean, and above all the customer service was excellent. David was personable, accommodating, and took the extra time to make us feel at home. I valued being able to stay at a place where I felt I was getting a locals perspective of the Island. I have already been back once since my initial visit and plan on making the Cape my new vacation spot!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Our most recent trip to the OTM was indicative of our other experiences. I have had the occasion to stay off season as part of a bachelorette party with adults only and this year in July on a Saturday night with the whole family at the end of our rental week when we just wanted one more day to enjoy the beautiful weather before heading back to reality! This past weekend was a trip for moms and kids and we knew that the OTM would be the perfect place. We love Orleans because it is close to the Brewster flats, the waves at Nauset and the National Seashore in Eastham and the kids love to hit all of these places. Thing is, they can only usually do these things in short bursts so last weekend we spent the mornings at the beaches and the afternoons at the pool. We could nap them, shower them and many affordable restaurant choices in close proximity for walking or driving. If you had older kids, they would absolutely be able to walk about to explore the area.

The rooms are great. Having the fridge and microwave made things easier on us-- we stored drinks, snacks, food for the beach and because we had stayed before had the foresight to bring a cooler with cold cuts. I am finicky and if I am not flying to my destination will usually bring my own comforter and pillows so I can't speak to the linens but can say we slept like babies. Nothing like a dark, air conditioned room! Unlike some of the reviewers, I did not hear any of my neighbors, other than in the morning. This is an active place where there are many bikers, beach goers, etc. so there was a lot of activity outside in the morning.

The staff was awesome. Dave gave us rooms side by side that seemed tailored for our crowd and everytime they saw us around they were always asking if there was anything we needed.

We are looking forward to our next getaway... Looks like it may be an impromptu family reunion!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We visited Cape Cod for a wedding in October. Most of our friends stayed at the very expensive location of the wedding reception (Wequassett Resort and Golf Club) but we decided to go with the substantially less expensive off-season option and stay close to where the ceremony was held (church was in Orleans).
Yes, this place isn't the Ritz, JW Marriott, etc. But for the price I found it to be a nice motel, exactly what it's supposed to be. For a last minute special, booked less than a week before the wedding, it worked out great!
Our room was a “One larger queen room with deck” on the rear, southeast-facing side of the motel. We had a dresser, TV, table w/ 2 chairs, refrigerator, bar to hang clothes on, and a bathroom. The bathroom was sufficiently sized, not huge but usable.
The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was friendly, not only the people at the front desk, but housekeeping too. When we arrived we asked for an iron & ironing board so we could get unpacked and ready for the rehearsal festivities. Not only were we provided with both I was also given a hair dryer (hadn't thought to ask, glad they helped me think!).
The décor is a bit outdated, I’ll agree with that. But really nothing was old and disgusting to the point that I didn’t want to touch it. Kind of like staying at grandma’s, she doesn’t have the latest and greatest granite in the bathroom like we do at home, but it’s clean and well cared for. There are plenty of visually appealing chain places I’ve stayed at that aren’t nearly as well cleaned or cared for.
If I was ever to head back to this area of Cape Cod I’d definitely stay at this motel again. Based on what some others experienced at motels in the area, we paid less for a similar experience. Yes, not the snazzy golf resort, but I’d rather spend my money elsewhere in this situation. Plus it allowed me more time to get ready for the wedding! I’d probably not stay in a room off the backyard again. It wasn’t super easy to haul our luggage (4 days worth, but a combo of dress & casual clothes) through the series of doors to reach our room. The back lawn area was nice except for the Saturday morning we spent in our room listening to some sort of marching band practice. Not the hotel’s fault, but we were too close for my comfort!
We found some nifty little places to have local seafood in the area. We ate at Land Ho and enjoyed the local beer & seafood. We stopped at the grocery store down the street for some snacks which made the refrigerator handy. Rather than staying at a fancy place with a restaurant we were forced to venture out, worked out well.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiwifuz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Cape Point Hotel
Seashore Park Inn
Seashore Park Inn
#7 of 8 in Orleans
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Olde Tavern Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!