“Looking up! Definitely improving!”
Review of Jailhouse Tavern

Jailhouse Tavern
Ranked #30 of 57 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm not quite sure what the improvements are, but it feels cleaner, brighter, and just in general like the new management is trying harder. My Mom and I both had the chicken salad on the croissant- it was fresh, delicious, and served nicely. Kudos!

3  Thank Whacktoria

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was the only one in this small town restaurant as I arrived late from Boston earlier that day; the bartender was very nice and hospitable; he kept the kitchen open just long enough to be able to get my dinner order in. I was surprised to see the new owners there also and allowed the restaurant to stay open until I was finished with my meal, no rush either. I had the salmon and it was pretty darn good. Will stop back here whenever i'm back in the area!

3  Thank Keni P
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the kind of place you want to go to so you can say you were here. Read up on the history before hand (check out their website or just google it) and enjoy the food. Pretty tasty stuff, and the bar tenders are full of helpful info if you are looking for things to do in the area.

3  Thank AimeeLeigh
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was disappointed, always will be when prices go up and quality goes down. Their Prime Rib used to be reliable and they offered two sizes, not anymore. Quality not what it was either. But the rolls were good!

1  Thank MLJRAM
Reviewed August 23, 2013

the service was good, the table was too small and it is loud, the prices are above average. But the food is good

3  Thank 337deec