“The host was so obnoxious I cannot believe how we were treated”
Review of Academy Ocean Grille - CLOSED

Academy Ocean Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 28
Transit: There is limited Public Transportation in our area.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food was amazing atmosphere sucks. I think the host had issues. Felt very unwelcomed seriously we go to restaurants two/ three times a week on cape. This place is no fun

2  Thank Frankieike

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Over the holiday we took our daughter, son & his girlfriend to the Academy for dinner. We split some apps---the salmon gravlax w/potato pancakes, & raspberry and brie spring rolls were a big hit. Haddock florentine special was fabulous..two of ordered and loved it. Toasted cumin grilled shrimp, veal saltimboca, and salmon & shrimp grenobloise were super!!!!
Great wine selection, and super service!!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I had been here once for lunch with a girl friend and really liked it. I saw that they were doing Mother's Day Brunch and decided to give it a try again. It did not disappoint from the first visit. We were pleasantly greeted and immediately brought to our table.
All our food was beautifully prepared, pleasantly presented and steaming hot. We both had fish which was beautifully cooked. I liked the atmosphere and the fact that the tables were nicely spaced. You could actually have a conversation without having to compete with nearby diners.
Service was good with prompt attention to requests. Dietary requests were also honored.
The menu has a good sampling of choices.
I will certainly return in the near future for dinner. I will be sure to make a reservation since I think this could be a popular spot for tourist season on Cape Cod.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have had lunch and dinner here, both fabulous! Both times the fresh seafood was amazing. Scallops and swordfish were cooked perfectly. We finished both meals with the Sticky Toffee pudding that was highly recommended and it did not disappoint. We did share the dessert, but I suggest getting your own!

1  Thank Mayzgirl
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was the second year we had dinner at The Grille (my choice) and again it delivered. First, the decoration and ambience was outstanding. Very quiet white tablecloth table for two. Second the service was outstanding with good descriptions of dishes we had questions on. The menu is 'American with a touch of fusion' including seeveral seafood dishes. But not more than a dozen entrees. We split a generous seafood spring roll appetizer (with scallops, shrimp and lobster). and a glass of french chardonnay. For the main course we both opted for the beef tenderloin medium rare coupled with glasses of pinot noir. Dessert choices were creme caramel and baked chocolate pudding with a coffee for me. The room was only moderately full and a few folks were dining in the cozy bar room. This was early season so it will be more crowded in the Summer.