“wonderful rehearsal dinner”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 28
Transit: There is limited Public Transportation in our area.
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The staff was very attentive and the food delicious the night of my daughter's rehearsal dinner. I had a wonderful meal and will go back again the next time I am on the Cape. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We chose the Academy Ocean Grille for our Rehearsal dinner on 09/09/11 for 40 of our family and friends, our bridesmaids and their dates. We were able to rent out the whole facility for a private party, and had the whole place to ourselves! Erica, who handled everything effortlessly, was amazing to work with. She corresponded quickly through email and offered us a large selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts to chose from for our guests. The only hard part was narrowing the choices down because they all sounded delicious! Academy Ocean Grille accommodated our menu to include vegan appetizers and entrees for our vegan guests as well as preparing a menu in which the food was alcohol and nut free, at our request.

Our guests arrived and were greeted with open bar and passed hors d'oeuvres on the patio before we were seated for dinner. During dinner, we were able to submit an ipod playlist to be played over the speakers during dinner- a unique touch! They paused their service while our family gave toasts and all our guests loved their food.

We could not be happier with our Rehearsal dinner choice of the Academy Ocean Grille. They exceeded our expectations. We will surely be back for dinner when we visit the Cape next summer.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I loved the Oysters Rockefeller.The service is always very good.On occasion a waitress bursts into song and she has a fabulous voice!The meat is always cooked just right.Each course is very well done.Desserts are good.We always enjoy eating here.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I can always count on excellent service and a good meal at the Academy Grill. Have eaten there six times in the last two months. Liver and onions is a favorite of mine, but seafood is my usual choice. Small plates available. Great appetizers. No unsightly plates of heaps of french fries to spoil my appetite. Attractive decor. Homemade desserts.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

After our experience it's hard to fathom the highly negative posts earlier this month, except perhaps to charge them off to a Labor Day crush. We ate in the bar so that we could sample the tapas menu, which while short was interesting. A dish of three kinds of sauteed mushrooms on crostini with blue cheese was superb, a little spicy, a little sweet but entirely delicious. Raspberry and brie spring rolls were light and crispy, with perhaps less cheese flavor than we would have liked.
Continuing the small plates theme, we had two appetizers as mains. Crab Rangoon with a mango coulis was an excellent match of flavors, as the slight acidity of the mango danced with the sweetness of the crab and cheese. Deep-fried snails with a garlic aioli were less tasty but still satisfying.
There was room for desserts, a daily special plum tartin and an English toffee cake. Both were excellent, although the cake was a bit sweet for my taste but I think that's how it's supposed to be.
Incidentally, we went here on a local recommendation, which was seconded by our seatmates.