“Wanted to like it more”

Orleans Public House
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come try our culinary tavern for a wonderful spin on the best in pub fare or try our seasonal raw bar located on our patio lounge. Creative cocktails, craft beer, excellent wine selection, and our friendly staff look to give you a memorable experience. Find us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest in news and information.
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Wanted to like it more”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Food good but menu was limited, Service OK as well but guy with the funny hair style had no social skills and certainly no sense of humor.
Wheelchair ramp in need of repair as boards and screws somewhat dangerous.

• Visited October 2013

Chatham, Massachusetts, United States
“Great New Restaurant”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First of all I want to say I am fussy - just ask my husband and he will confirm. I especially am fussy about food.
We read a review in the Cape Cod Times yesterday and I immediately said - "we're going there tonight" and we did. We took advantage of the special offered between 4-6pm - $15 per person for choice of soup or salad, entrée and coffee/tea. We were seated immediately (it was early - around 5 pm) and I think there may have been 4 or so others dining.
The salad I chose (house) was very fresh and good - I usually gauge the quality of a restaurant first by the salad and this didn't disappoint - dressing (Balsamic Vinaigrette) was very tasty. My husband enjoyed the clam chowder very much. My entrée, Chicken Marsala was very good, his was Shrimp Scampi on Linguini was also a hit.

The wait staff was attentive - they got very busy while we were there - and at one point I counted at least 30 people eating and this was around 6pm so I'm sure the evening continued with more diners. It was a Friday night on a holiday weekend so it was what I would have expected even off season on Cape Cod.

Trust me it was a very good dinner and we are happy to recommend the Orleans Public House. We plan to go back in a couple of weeks with friends to celebrate my birthday.
If they continue to put out the kind of food they did last night it's a slam dunk!! Well needed place to get decent, good food at a reasonable price. Especially the $15 special!!!

• Visited October 2013
Great Falls, VIrginia
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We think a well cooked burger is a litmus test for a casual restaurant. Ours were perfectly cooked to medium rare as requested. Our friends had Cod, Scallops and Lobster gnocchi and all proclaimed their meals excellent. The waitress took our drink order, came back a bit later, certainly in time to have our drinks in hand; however, she was there to inquire if we were ready to order. Had she forgotten to place the order? Good food, very nice decor, some kinks to iron out, great potential, but suffering birth pangs. Will try again.

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Not a great meal”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We tried this fairly new restaurant on a Friday night at about 8:15pm. There were a number of customers, but it wasn't real crowded. I tried the clam chowder, but there were no clams - just plenty of potatoes. The waitress asked me how the chowder was, and I told her that there were no clams. Her reply was, "I like clams in my chowder." My wife had a romaine salad with blue cheese dressing. The dressing was very meager, so she asked for more. It was ok. We both ordered grass-fed beef burgers medium rare. My wife's came almost raw, and mine was on the well-done side. No reason for the inconsistancy. Our waitress seemed new and not very professional. We might give it another chance in a few months. We live nearby. (But perhaps it won't be there then.)

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Disappointed in Orleans”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food choices are very limited, but everything we have had was very good...

The problem is, even when they are not busy, the delivery of the food is VERY slow. The staff are somewhat inattentive, including the bartender and the apparent manager.

We live locally and unfortunately are not in any hurry to go back soon, until we hear otherwise. There are many other good restaurants nearby who have much better service.