“Place for locals.”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Pizza is excellent. Eaten here several times and, aside from the pizza, the meals were mediocre. Very popular with locals, who swear the food is excellent. Crowded.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was looking forward to trying this place however, do not plan on going back. The hostess was awesome, waitress, and not sure, but I think the owner as well, was very good with customer service. First entering the restaurant I was surprised it was busy as it was the off season on Cape Cod - but that is usually a good sign. The atmosphere was visually pleasant but very loud and not relaxing. Interesting menu, but very confusing, as many people would not know how to translate certain items on the menu - unless you are a real foodie with much experience. I love chicken wings however, can't quite understand why they were smothered with carmilized onions with a piece of bread on the side,and not to mention they were way over cooked?? Fish & Chips on the menu are offered as an app - even though the waitress suggested it is Entree size? (as I said before, confusing menu) It was - and the fish was pretty much raw inside with an over crisp outer beer batter crust. The staff noticed I did not like it and brought another plate - which I did not ask for - pretty much the same...however, the beer batter exterior was burnt and the fish inside still pretty much raw. My partner had the swordfish entree, served over mashed potatoes with a few pieces of arugula for $27 - fish did not taste fresh. I wish this place luck - If I do go back, I may try the pizza as they do have a brick oven.

1  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We popped into Rock Harbor Grill on a Saturday night at 5:00. We wanted to sit at the bar, but there was only one seat. It turned out the owner was sitting there and quickly got up and welcomed us. The entire place was already busy and I can see why. The owner was so friendly. They have my favorite beer on tap(bbc river ale) and the lobster mac and cheese was delicious! Huge chunks of lobster.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The folks are great, the vibes are good, the casualness is appealing. On the food, it would be good to dial it back a bit. Try something simple and really master it. This is a rift on Cpt Elmer's. Let's go on. I say give this place a try--it could be very good.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We went on a Friday night and was greeted nicely and told we we would have a short wait. Food was ok, service was slow and non chalant. We knew it was casual, but we expected more after reading reviews.