“Ok, not amazing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rock Harbor Grill

Rock Harbor Grill
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Ok, not amazing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We went on a Friday night and was greeted nicely and told we we would have a short wait. Food was ok, service was slow and non chalant. We knew it was casual, but we expected more after reading reviews.

• Visited November 2013

“Very Nice Local Place, but not very Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Finally tried the much praised Rock Harbor Grill in Orleans.
Nice place, casual and friendly.
The food was well prepared and tasty, but not really worthy of all the high praise I've been hearing. I would never wait in line to eat there. As a neighborhood place, its exceptional, but as a restaurant for dining, I would look elsewhere.

Brewster, Massachusetts
“The Best On the Cape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Quite exceptional dining in a simple unpretentious atmosphere ! If you are the least bit epicurean or "foodie" you will not want to miss this restaurant. My friends and I are certainly that. We have worked in Fine Dining for years and visited MANY a Cape restaurant. Typically I don't go on trip advisor to re-hash the fabulous details of a dining experience, but really I feel impassioned to do so! Devils on Horseback.....a fall/winter twist on a popular favorite, with goat cheese, figs and smoky sauce piqued our interest for all that followed. We enjoyed the Kale-Caesar Salad immensely! If I am using the dictionary's BIGGEST adjectives it still does not do the meal justice! If you like Caesar salad you MUST try this! Living near by, the takeout of gourmet pizza and this salad have me al ready excited about another meal and soon! Our entrees included The Baked Cod, Steak Frites, and Roasted Vegetable-Lamb pizza. Entrees always excite me...but accompaniments are the hidden jewels of a great Chef! Delicate Rapini, a butternut squash pasta, steak a perfect Med-rare with intense flavor before the layer of bleu -cheese butter or accompaniment of goddess sauce.....I think I need to go back soon because taking a chance on a dinner at an ole 'stand by might register disappointment. The wine selection is extensive yet reasonable and desserts creative and not second rate to your dinner. We enjoyed the Sticky-toffee pudding. I have not had this creation in England....but this would please the royals for sure. As great as the meal is an owner who genuinely cares about EVERY aspect of your dining needs. Chuck has a skilled team of staff, and yet personally oversees the tables as well. This doesn't undermine his staff- this perfectly complements it. With his seal-of approval assurance you are treated like a dinner guest in his own home!

Chatham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Getting better all the time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our second visit to RHG and we liked it again. Friendly greeting at the door and we got lucky with on open table for two at 6PM on a Saturday. Restaurant was nearly full with a few parties waiting at the bar. Owner Chuck is visible, friendly and helpful without being "in your face". Server was efficient but could have been a bit more conversational.

We shared the Devils on Horseback starter - unique and very tasty. Then a short rib poutine and a short rib pot roast which were both excellent. Reasonable prices and portion sizes. Good wine selection, fairly priced. Also, the marinated flatiron steak (on our first visit) was one of the best steaks I have had... flavorful, textured, tender, and perfectly grilled.

Atmosphere is, as they say, eclectic. Families with young children, 30-somethings and retirees all seeming to enjoy themselves.

Orleans, Massachusetts
“Great new hot spot in Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have been to this new establishment 5 or 6 times and it keeps getting better! The staff and owners are always available and friendly and eager to please. The food is fabulous. Great addition to the town. Also, the restaurant hopes to be open this winter.

Visited October 2013