“Wonderful addition to Cape dining”
Review of Rock Harbor Grill

Rock Harbor Grill
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Wonderful addition to Cape dining”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were told that one of the former partners of The Corner Store opened a new restaurant in Orleans that we should try. We waited until the season to be over before we ventured forth and were very pleased with this restaurant, The food was delicious, the presentation very good, the prices were reasonable. The service was pleasant and responsive. Plan to return.

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Glad our timing was good...”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

A few minutes more and we would have been in the line--this at 6 p.m on a Tuesday night . The entire time there were folks willing to wait to be seated. The offerings were eclectic and deliciously presented on the menu. I did find the menu a bit confusing; it appears the items are grouped more or less by price, not by main ingredient, i.e., salad, fish, pasta, etc.

Once I got past that, the flavor combinations were enticing. I started with "Devils on Horseback" -- Medjool dates stuffed with French feta, wrapped in pecan smoked bacon and cooked over the flame. Then a drizzle of balsamic and a sprinkle of shredded mint. The artisan greens salad was pretty, but common. I felt the sage vinaigrette needed a little more punch.

I had a RHG burger, my friend the Lobster Mac & Cheese. The burger was cooked to my request and was more than ample. The Truffle Fries were phenomenal. My friend thought the Mac & Cheese was a bit too "soupy" and at first was concerned about the amount of lobster (not much), but that was squelched after a couple of forkfuls and discovered the huge hunk of lobster submerged in the mac.

To totally gild the lily, we split a Grand Marnier Creme Brulee with fresh berries. It was delicate, with the berries adding just the proper flavor enhancement. Last note, cocktails were reasonably priced.

One thing that struck me was the continuous, attached bench seating on one side of the table, and chairs on the other side. Seemed a bit incongruent for the menu offerings. More in keeping with the seafood establishment that had been in the building previously.; (but as I remember it had booths and tables).

All in all, a great meal.

“A winner!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

RHG is definitely worth trying! Fabulous food and service!! We were a party of four ladies- shared the peaches and cream salad- very unique and delicious. It was a mix of pickled and fresh peaches with goat cheese on a bed of arugula dressed with a vinagrette- yum! We had a variety of drinks from martinis to glasses of wine and all were pleased. I had the beer batter fish and chips which came with blue cheese Cole slaw- the fish was fresh and crispy and so plentiful I couldn't finish it. Others had a pasta dish and were equally satisfied. We did share the chocolate molten cake which was a bit over the top for me but I was just full- no fault of theirs. Service was excellent! The surroundings are a bit, ... Confused.. It is casual trying to be upper class.. Part Italian, part Cape Cod but still, they have a winner. I was trying to think about how to change the building to upscale it and I think maybe if they didn't have the solid wall of windows looking out on the parking lot it may help- maybe do some landscaping? But that doesn't ruin dinner- just a helpful aside. Good job!

Worcester, MA
“Very Good Food with a Most Hospitable Manager & Staff”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Watched all summer as this new restaurant took over a nice space in Depot Square. Initial visit was a most pleasant surprise from the hostess to the food. The 2nd visit had the good folks allowing us a reserved table for our good sized group (expecting it to be an Engagement Party.

Suddenly everyone got involved; most of the restaurant got involved when the couple finally came in, and we proudly toasted our congratulations. A fine atmosphere ---yup; numerous customers stopped and greeted the newly engaged couple on the way out.

Oh yeah, and the food is quite good; from simple wood fired pizza to more adventuresome and somewhat experimental entrees. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kingsfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ignore all the review before June 2013. Wrong restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The recent ratings are spot on. Great place. Very creative pizzas, friendly bar with local beer. Will be back soon to try the other menu items.

All the older reviews from before mid 2013 are for the rather old fashioned former Captn Elmers and Rock Harbor is a completely new place in the same building with new owners, decor, chef. Don't know why Tripadvisor has merged the reviews!

Visited July 2013