“Trip to the past with a great view”
Review of Orleans Inn

Orleans Inn
Ranked #34 of 57 Restaurants in Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Elegant waterfront dining in a Victorian Sea Captain's mansion.
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Trip to the past with a great view”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have always enjoyed this restaurant. The service is caring with a great liklihood that the waiter is part of the family. The food is not gourment, but good. The Inn has it's "ghost" and prohibition history. It is a favorite stop for our grandchildren.

• Visited December 2012
Waterfront, Owner at Orleans Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks so much. We are glad you enjoyed the inn. There is a colorful history which makes it fun. We are glad your grandchildren enjoy the Inn. We have some new toys in the lobby for the young and young at heart. Hope to see you soon.

Burlington, Massachusetts
“A little old and tired..............”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Easy location to find and on the water but just a little old, a little tired.
Could use a good refreshing. The food was very good - just felt like time had passed the place by.
I'll give the atmosphere the benefit of the doubt - maybe it was the end of the season and just not as fresh as it is in the beginning. The wait staff was excellent, the food was very good.

1 Thank John4444444
“What Happened????”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Because of the great experience we had before, we saved our last night of vacation to go to the Orleans Inn for dinner....we asked for a window table and we were willing to wait...but we were escorted to a table in the middle of the dining room. OK, we could still have a "view".....Our appetizer was disappointing...but it went down hill from there...the scallops were rubbery, the fish dish was smothered in breadcrumbs and sauce beyond recognition. We were so surprised in the change of food quality and service...we wondered, was there a change in ownership/management?. Fortunately there are so many great restaurants in Orleans we will find another next year.

3 Thank Hiker17
“Excellent place to stay, service, atmosphere, view and food! Wonderful and cozy!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I seldom write reviews but needed to do so for this one gem of a place. This was my first trip to Cape Cod and a good friend recommended this place to me. We couldn't be happier. The Orleans Inn is a cozy and comfortable place to stay as well as a great restaurant. I was quite impressed. We will definitely go back. This family owned and run inn has a super friendly staff and they ensure guests and customers are comfortable. They have the best breakfast bacon and also have fireplaces in each room. They also have a theatre room for guests with several comfortable theater chairs as well as a library. Their huge outdoor deck was closed for the season but heard it is packed in the summer days. This is the only restaurant on the water in the area and they even have their very own beer! A spacious bar compliments the restaurant and inn with super friendly employees and bartender. Great great view and delicious food too!! Highly highly recommend this inn and restaurant!!!

Waterfront, Owner at Orleans Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I enjoy making breakfast in the morning and am glad you enjoyed the apple smoked bacon. I can't wait to see you again. Thanks for the nice note in the guestbook as well.
Clifton Park, NY
“In a word - Excellent!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We are a couple in our late 50's, who were celebrating our anniversary on the Cape in mid September. We found The Orleans Inn using the "Around Me" app on my iPhone. After spending the morning wandering about in Chatham and Provincetown and relaxing in the late afternoon on the beach in Wellfleet at the National Seashore, we had not stopped back at our hotel to "freshen up" as is our custom before dining, but we were hungry, and decided to eat.

Due to her English heritage and proper upbringing, my curly headed companion feared that we would not be presentable for this establishment. I called the restaurant to see if our late day condition would be acceptable, and the owner, Ed Maas picked up the phone himself and when I explained our situation, he told me not to worry, and encouraged us to dine at his establishment.

When we arrived, I met Ed and thanked him, and explained our circumstances, mentioning the reason for our visit to the Cape. He sent us a complimentary glass of champagne to help us celebrate our anniversary, which I thought was an extraordinary gesture! We enjoyed the treat and a glass of Chardonnay as well throughout the course of our meal.

We ordered and enjoyed the beautiful view of the boats in the harbor as the sun was beginning to set. I had the Clam Chowder, which was chock full of clams and quite creamy and tasty, and the Cape Cod Seafood trio (baked, but it is available fried). It was more than adequate in portion size, and quite tasty. My wife enjoyed the Berry Salad and the baked schrod, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I ventured off my diet momentarily, and consumed the Brownie Ala mode, which was beyond my expectation in size as well as being beautifully presented, and she had the Creme Brulee, which she also polished off without hesitation. Our server Kaleigh was very friendly and accommodating, and kept our water glasses freshened while checking with us attentively as each course was consumed, to assure we were pleased as the meal proceeded.
In short, this was the perfect end to a lovely day together, and quite memorable. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any couple or family that is looking for an excellent meal at a reasonable price (which defines "Value" in my book), with a picturesque view of a traditional Cape Cod scene.

2 Thank kenhannan
Waterfront, Owner at Orleans Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you Ken for the nice review. I remember receiving the call and am glad you chose the Inn. It was nice to meet you and go to the table to meet your lovely wfe. Kaleigh is a nursing student and has been with us a number of years. She is wonderful as is all the staff at the Inn. We are truly blessed to have such friendly, dedicated staff. We love to have guests that enjoy the Inn. You truly made the visit fun. I can't wait to see you both again.