“Right on the water, good menu choices”
Review of Orleans Inn

Orleans Inn
Ranked #35 of 58 Restaurants in Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Elegant waterfront dining in a Victorian Sea Captain's mansion.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

A great location in the heart of Orleans center right on the inlet, good solid food choices, nice drinks and bar area, never let us down for a, excellent dining experience, good with kids or a romantic meal (dine in the bar area, tables available for a no kids experience) or eat outside to watch a great moonlit night!

Waterfront, Owner at Orleans Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for the kind review. We try to offer something for everyone. It is so nice to see your appreciation of the Inn. It is guests like you that keep us motivated to continue striving for perfection. I bought the Inn for it's waterfront location. Our family is committed to providing the best possible experience for dining and lodging. It has been a great year. Thanks for your support.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went with family of 5 including three young ones. Waitress and staff were friendly. Tables by bar area overlooking water were sticky and we were told that was the texture. Had them wiped down anyway, but no improvement. Appetizers included lobster bisque (ok), clam chowder (below average, not creamy enough and very little clam), a bacon/scallop mini pizza (decent, very cheesy), and fried calamari (ok, my 3 & 6 yr old wolfed this down). The apps were nothing great, just average. I had the baked scrod topped with honey bread crumbs which I thought was good. Kid's mac and cheese was Kraft which was fine for my 9 yr old. Chicken sandwich for wife was good. Chicken fingers were ok, fries were the best part of that meal. Kid's spaghetti & meatball just Ok. Drinks were served quickly. I drank beer which was nice and cold. Wife drank mixed berry drink that she liked. The view from the indoor bar area is pretty good. Only issue was the wall A/C unit was blowing on me the whole meal. Asked them to lower it, which they did 10 minutes later. Luckily I'm semi-polar bear so I beared it well. Dinner was 113.00 for 5, plus tip. Overall an average experience.

3  Thank CGSLMC
Reviewed August 12, 2012

the view is the best however the food is a bit too much- I was fine however this is not a place for young kids

1  Thank sme42929
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Wished to attend on a beautiful evening but as luck would have it, our last night on the cape was a downpour. We ate inside. Mild dining atmosphere- a place that was well taken care of, but not intimidating to bring our toddler & infant. We were quickly served our drinks & apps. Everything was amazing!!! Lobster ravioli, shrimp/lobster quesadilla & duck salad. The berry sangria left me craving more. Our daughter had great quality chicken tenders. The entrees & dessert that followed were terrific. We look forward to visiting again during our next cape visit this autumn :)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We enjoyed a generally good lobster salad as well as the lobster sandwich. Also ordered the salmon which was moist and cooked perfectly. The dining room was so dark on the night we visited we had to ask for candles on the table in hopes of reading the menu... although that proved not to be enough finally they increased the overhead lighting a bit which was a major improvement! Seemed to be quite a number of very young and perhaps less experienced wait staff that was running the dining room.