“Three Times in Four Days!”

Hot Chocolate Sparrow
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: With the love of chocolate and a loan, we started The Chocolate Sparrow, a simple candy shop, in 1989 in North Eastham. Gradually we learned the art of making fine chocolate and the business of selling it. In 1991 we opened a summer shop in Wellfleet. Two years later in Orleans, we opened The Hot Chocolate Sparrow, a cafe complete with coffee from around the world, desserts of every indulgence, and our own hand-dipped chocolates. Here we could offer specialty coffee drinks in a sophisticated but welcoming atmosphere. We have grown into a local institution, open early morning to late night, every day of the year except Christmas. We created a place where people can connect. Our cafe is recognized Cape-wide, our chocolate is sent all over the country, and our coffee, desserts, and fudge have been voted #1 numerous times in various local surveys. No wonder we are recognized as "The Best on the Lower Cape."
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stopped in on a friend's recommendations, and I'm thrilled we did. Coffee and baked goods were outstanding. They had several different coffee flavors each time we visited. We drove up from Hyannis one day, down from Provincetown once and had to stop in again on our way off the Cape. I'm looking forward to our next Cape Cod adventure and another visit (or three!) at the Hot Chocolate Sparrow.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Fantastic local coffee house that also make candy and pastry. Must see if you are looking for a local coffee house plus a little more.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I try to never go here because I don't want to support the owner. He hates teenagers, has routinely chased them out of the public parking lot & called police on them, even when they weren't doing anything at all. He even put up what he calls a teenager repellant device outside above the door by the roof line. Like those sonic mice repellants. Really! It was even in the newspaper. My son was visiting from college once, driving my new truck. He wasn't even out of the truck yet, before this owner came over, slapped the hood of my vehicle, and ordered my son to leave. It wasn't even the owner's property. I won't give this guy a dime.

1  Thank CapeCodRita
John L, Manager at Hot Chocolate Sparrow, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Nearly a decade ago, there were some issues involving youths in the parking lot, particularly around closing time at 11pm. Sometimes the police were called, but more typically they patrolled the area on their own due to the frequency of the problems. That was many years ago, and since then we've had only good experiences with the thousands of teenagers we've served as customers as well as the dozens we've employed on our staff. We recognize what a boon teenagers have been to our business, and we're glad that the days when a few troublemakers managed to complicate things for others are long past.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was really fun, colorful and very busy, when we arrived, late September Saturday afternoon. The coffee wasn't great, but the atmosphere was fun, and all together it was a nice stop.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hands down, the best coffee and cappucino I have ever had. To top it off, I had a slice of Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie along with my coffee. If I lived anywhere near this place, I would have to visit the gym daily. A must stop for any Orleans, MA visitor.