“Excellent food and a wonderful dessert.”
Review of Abba

Abba
Ranked #20 of 58 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2010

For an appetizer, we had the spring rolls and the falafel. Both were well done-not greasy, The falafel had a nutty rich flavor. The lobster pad thai and the striped bass were well prepared and delicious. I managed to save a little room for the black rice sticky pudding for dessert-very different and wonderful. It is a bit pricey but worth it.
The one negative is seating. Tables are somewhat close together and we were next to someone who talked very loudly. The terrace looked a little roomier.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

I've lived in NYC, San Francisco, Paris, Madison, WI (yes, many restaurants there are fabulous), and this restaurant serves among the best food I've ever tasted. Exhibit A is the lobster pad thai. I've made it a personal mission to sample pad thai in every Thai restaurant I go to, including all over Thailand, believing that pad thai is a good barometer of a chef's general talents. Abba's lobster pad thai is distinct and scrumptious, and I recommend it to anyone who loves that dish. Also fantastic are the ceviche, foie gras, scallops, and rack of lamb. Having gone there for several years, I took my extended family there, and everyone said "mmm" and "here, try this" throughout the meal. I'm not a meat & potatoes-type eater, so I can't comment on the meats, but my mom raved about the lamb. It's also nice to know that much of the food is local and organic, and I'm happy to pay for that food, expertly prepared.Yes, it's expensive, but I've paid much more for much less memorable food. The service is professional and attentive without being intrusive ("How's it tasting for ya?"). The restaurant is lovely inside and on the terrace, but you won't find ocean views, and in the high season, it's packed, so it's not quiet, but it's not nearly as crowded or loud as your average NY restaurant either. It's about the food. This is a worthy destination if you're thinking of heading to the Cape and you'd like food as wonderful as the beaches.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I went to Abba for a child-free dinner and were more than pleasantly surprised. From the outside, it looks really tiny, but it's roomy inside and has a covered outside eating area as well. Everything about the meal was a treat -- great service, nice variety on the menu, delicious bread and wonderful meal. The Falafel appetizer was outstanding. I have only ever gotten Falafel from quick-serve restaurants, so wasn't sure I should be ordering such fare from a nicer restaurant. Boy, am I glad I did. It was delicious. My husband had a fish dish that he loved. Even the sides were wonderful -- crisp, sauted veggies. We had a really great dining experience and I recommend Abba to anyone.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

After reading previous reviews, we were a little timid about booking here but were pleasantly surprised. It was a warm summer evening and we were seated in the outside screened in area which was comfortable with none of the smell that was alleged by another reviewer. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed a very interesting salad and other appetizers. The scallops were excellent and the food was very creative and interesting. The prices are average for a high quality restaurant in most cities we have visited. Overall we were pleasantly surprised by the evening.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Recommended by our B&B owners. Indoor and outdoor seating; we had a reservation. Small menu, but what I had was good. Spring rolls as an appetizer, then lobster and shrimp phad thai. Lots of lobster in the dish, but very little shrimp. Overall tasty.