“Lobster & Shrimp Pad Thai, Exceptional”
Review of Abba

Abba
Ranked #16 of 57 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Lobster & Shrimp Pad Thai, Exceptional”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Abba has always been a favorite restaurant for me. The bar is cozy & friendly, usually with interesting patrons. My last visit was on a return trip to the mid-Cape from Ptown. After a call, 2 seats were saved at the bar for us.
The staff is professional & thoughtful. The falafel starter was elegant and very tasty, with just the appropriate portion size for an appetizer. What was the surprise of the evening was the $30. Lobster & Shrimp Pad Thai. Days later, I'm still enjoying recalling the flavors & textures.
I will be back at Abba throughout the summer & the Fall, & you should try it soon.

• Visited June 2014

Yarmouthport
“A fine choice”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I very much enjoyed our meals at Abba. My entree was Wild salmon, my wife had the oysters and salad. A treat for both of us. Our server, Joe, was very attentive and polished with his service. My wife had the berry sorbet and loved it.

I was hoping to enjoy a glass of limoncello after dinner, a small issue that the bar did not serve this. Our server tried his best to accommodate this request but as we know limoncello is hard to replace.

Cost wise this dinner was a bit more expensive, but it was an anniversary celebration.

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Repeat diner enjoying the "different" Cape Cod menu”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I say different because Abba provides some diversity to the seafood inspired Cape Cod restaurants regularly found nearby.

The middle east/Asian flair to the appetizers adds flavors of Israel and Thailand in delicious seafood and vegetable choices. The Thai seafood stew rivals that of a fine Thai restaurant as does the lobster/shrimp pad thai. Add items like these to traditional scallops served with green pea risotto and Abba appeals to our entire family. Wines were well matched; multiple sancerre, sauv blanc, and other whites were all reasonably priced.

Service matched the food; this has become a favorite for "different" dining on the lower cape.

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect meal; perfect evening”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a wonderful evening at Abba. We loved the variety of options on the menu. Each of us was pleased with what we chose. We particularly liked the vegetable borsht, felafel, tuna with tamarind sauce and strawberry and rhubarb pavlova. We look forward to returning...and sitting in the outside space next time!

• Visited May 2014
Kibworth, UK
“Ok ”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We've just had an 'ok' meal at Abba

Starters of Paneer chilli and Tuna Veg Momo were great and the cocktails are European quality

But..

Main courses very disappointing..

Seafood sizzler sauce tastes like UK school dinner curry and the Mousaka (ok also prob a little my fault for ordering) was a mash of kidney beans, cheese and breaded chicken nuggets which we didn't finish

Service wise a lovely team but mains were on the table getting cold before we had finished our starters..

Not a total disaster but actually the worst meal we've had so far after 10 days in Kerala

For those interested the toilets are fine!