“a class act”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

On a Friday night in late September we had a wonderful experience. The hostess was friendly, the waitperson was attentive,and the food was excellent. We sat on the terrace which was quieter and more spacious. My wife had the soup appetizer;I had the falafel. Both were delicious. My wife had the duck entree;I had the rack of lamb. Both were perfectly prepared. Service was perfectly paced. This represents the 6th time we have eaten here (we visit the Cape every Septmber). The food and service have been consistently superb.

There are newer reviews for Abba

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Took some friends to Abba. We made reservations, and were seated on time. This is my second time eating here, and I was NOT disappointed. I had the steak and it was cooked to perfection. It melted in my mouth. The pricing is Cape pricing, but the food is worth it. Make a go of Abba.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent, I had the lobster shrimp pad Thai, bursted with flavor. The Halibut was also great! The appetizers were all slo delicious, however small, so order up! A rare fusion blend.
Staff was great, always at our table refilling our water and checking on us. Extremely nice and pleasant.
Atmosphere is very cozy and pleasant, the room is beautifully dressed with hanging lights and flowers.
Definitely my favorite meal on the cape so far, or at least mid cape!
Make sure you make your reservations early, here or any reputable restaurant on the Cape, they get booked fast!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

It had been several years since our last visit to Abba, and we were pleased to see that it has only gotten better. Abba offers a wonderful alternative to the traditional Cape Cod fare: Mediterranean dishes with modern twists.

The dining area is a pretty patio under a tent, keeping it cool and dry. The food is fresh and the sauces light. Even the falafel was unusual with a lovely tahine sauce. The tuna was perfectly done and the vegetables were excellent.

While the two bus girls seemed uninterested in their jobs, our waitress covered for them expertly. (When I mentioned it to her, she said, "It's their last week before going back to school, so I don't mind doing it.")

All in all, a lovely evening.

Note: Reservations are necessary and can only be made by return call. Since they do not confirm during serving hours, you need to call the day before or the morning of your dinner.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Every year, I like to pick out one new critically-acclaimed restaurant to try on the cape, and this summer, the choice was Abba. Over the past few years, I have had the pleasure of dining at some of Cape Cod's top dining establishments, including Chillingsworth, the Blackfish, and the Bramble Inn. After thoroughly reviewing this years Zagat guide, Abba seemed like the clear winner. I read some reviews stating that the service and the atmosphere ruined an otherwise pleasant evening. My party had no such complaints. The waiting staff was lovely, and the ambiance was formal, without being pretentious. However, I have a few, relatively simple comments regarding the food. For my appetizer, I selected the foie gras, which although prepared well, was a little over powered by the very thick sauce. It was seared to perfection and melted in my mouth, but the sauce masked the natural flavors. At more traditional establishments, such as Chillingsworth, you are given the liver with a summer fruit. One simply cuts the foie gras, and pairs it with a slice of the fruit, creating a balanced bite, with no one ingredient too overbearing. Don't get me wrong, the actual foie gras was superb, but I'm not sure that the heavy sauce was the best option. Keeping in mind that this restaurant features primarily Israeli cuisine, I found the lamb to be perfectly seasoned. Many reviewers have stated that they were unhappy with the somewhat sweet sauce, but, if I'm not mistaken, Israeli lamb is served sweet. The meat was by far the most succulent, tender lamb I have ever had, and for me, that made the entire meal. I have only one complaint for the dish as a whole. On the menu, it is stated that the meal comes with a side of couscous, which is very appropriate for this dish. The somewhat bland flavor of the couscous melds with the flavor of the mint sauce, adding for a unique fusion of flavors. However, my dish, contrary to what was advertised on the menu, came with a side of potatoes. These did not fit in with the rest of the meal, and were quite bland to say the least. I'm saddened to say that I found myself reaching for the salt at one point.

So, when looking for a great restaurant in the mid-cape region, Abba should definitely be an option. However, one should carefully research the menu items, so you're not surprised by any unique flavors. Overall, my experience was pleasant, and hopefully I'll make it back again next summer.

3  Thank CTCharlie