“WHolesome breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This restaurant called out to us as we drove by and after a short wait during which some of us were mesmerized by the bakery counter we were seated for breakfast, walking by the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence proudly posted on the fireplace. We were upstairs in the loft which is a nice place to watch life go by on the busy streets of Orleans. The staff is very friendly and seem to actually all work together and the restaurant is very very clean. Everything we ordered was prepared as requested, like the cook has had breakfast in our home and knew how we liked everything. The only slight drawback for me was that for $3.99 for a side order of delicious homemade corn beef hash that order was skimpy. Hole in One is One of a kind and we look forward to having breakfast here again next time we are in the area

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Top notch donuts with a staff that hustles without making you feel rushed. Spanks the DD. Fortunately I don't live nearby or I'd be a lot chubbier.

1  Thank akadoublej
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was our first trip to Hole In One. Very quiet Monday morning, plenty of seats available. I'm not sure why they have you wait for the hostess to seat you. It took too long for someone to come over and there were hardly any customers there. We chose to sit up in the sunroom on the street level. Pretty room, we were the only two there. Our waitress, Virginia, seems on the shy side. She was quietly friendly.

I was interested in their Chai Tea, since I'm a huge fan of it from other establishments. It comes in a huge cup and it was really very tasty. Husband had the coffee, which he rates as average. In fact, now that we're back at our rental, he's making some of his own. Not a good sign. Virginia only came back once, later in the meal, to ask if he wanted more coffee. Typically, he is asked much more often and more quickly than that.

I had the Country Breakfast (2 eggs and sausage gravy over bacon, cheddar and scallion biscuits). The biscuits were SO dry and there wasn't enough gravy to really help that along. Plus, I couldn't taste the bacon and cheddar at all in those biscuits. I did taste the scallions, though. I ordered my eggs over medium, but they arrived over easy. There are few times I want to have runny yolks and I don't when I have gravy.

Husband had the BTO, which is an omelet with fresh tomatoes, bacon, sautéed onions and melted cheddar. He rates that as average. Home fries were nothing special and needed salt.

All in all, it was a pretty disappointing breakfast and we will not be going back. There would need to be a lot of changes in order for me to consider rating this restaurant as anything above average.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had breakfast here the three mornings we were in the area. Pancakes and egg dishes were delish. Service was good (excellent the Tuesday morning we sat at the counter). Specials are worth checking out.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This two story bakery-restaurant is in the center of Orleans and opens at 5:30 AM. First thing in the morning the counter fills with locals having coffee before work, quipping and discussing local events with the wait staff and each other. There are tables on the ground floor at the parking lot level and above on a second floor which is at street level. There is a bakery display as you walk in the door with a bowl of free donut holes sitting on the counter. The breakfast and lunch offerings are prepared with fresh ingredients and the portions are generous.
The decor is clean and modern with rafters across the high ceiling. huge windows on both sides and a central brick fireplace on the lower level. The wait staff is sassy and efficient.

1  Thank judi h