“just ok”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Orleans, Massachusetts
“just ok”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

a bit on the predictable side but I keep going back so it isn't awful. I wish I could rave but it is just average fare.

Visited October 2011

West Windsor, NJ
“Best value on the Cape!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Where else can you eat on the Cape for under $10/person with a beautiful water view?

My wife and I discovered this gem about three years ago and we've been loyal customers ever since. I have not had dinner here, but their lunches are excellent. Pro tip: go on weekday afternoons and there's a special menu that's even cheaper (we're talking five or six bucks for a meal).

Cheapness aside, the food is decent, with the caveat that you have to like Chinese. By "Chinese" I mean "Americanized Chinese" which in turn means "totally inauthentic but delicious hot fried stuff with rice." For example, they have the thing where they stuff sweet & sour chicken in a pineapple half, soak it in booze and red (VERY RED) sauce, and light it on fire for like $9.

If you're some kind of yuppie who needs free-range, grass-fed, totally authentic kung pao chicken, this isn't your place. If you want a satisfying meal for not too much money with a beautiful view, this'll do ya.

• Visited July 2011
cape cod
“The worse chinese on cape cod”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I am writing this review in the hope they will read it and fire the head chef, if it is the owner time to retire and hire someone else.

Let me first state the staff are all very nice, the food comes out quickly and view of the marsh is very relaxing. The tiki bar does serve good drinks at reasonable prices.

I will not compare this restaurant to chinese restaurants in Chinatown in New York or Boston, it would be like trying to compare a lawn tractor to a Lamborghini. Quite simply put I have eaten here numerous times because they are the only chinese restaurant that is open late on the outer cape. (Hunan Gourmet is also in Orleans and no better).

I will give credit where credit is due, the eggrolls and crab rangoon are average to good, but it goes down hill from there. The quality of the meats are awfull, the simplest dishes such as sweet and sour chicken are really bad, thick pasty sauce, please tell the chef he is supposed to thin it down with pineapple juice (the easy method, not the best). The beef with mushrooms is quite mediocre, not anything that resembles a chinese brown sauce or an oyster sauce, ,please open up the joy of cooking and steal their recipe. Most of the food
is fried, there is very little that is healthy on the menu and years ago we learned to avoid
complex dishes because they are so badly butchered. Their spicy dishes are neither spicy or good. Avoid Shrimp dishes if you do not have health insurance, sometimes they are semi-fresh and other times....

For locals looking for good chinese for takeout Sun Oh off of exit 9 on route 6 is 2 steps above. If you are looking for the best on Cape Cod try the Dragon Lite on Main Street Hyannis (more expensive, but worth the price difference) or if you are leaving or coming on to the Cape, Way Ho by the Bourne bridge is very good. I hope is they read this and try to improve, they are by far the most convenient chinese restaurant as far as location.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank opusCapeCod
Cape Cod
“Tasty food, open after the bars close.”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I eat there a few times a month and I love the food.The crab rangoons are to die for. They are open until 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. so you can get some good eats after a long night at the bar.The only reason I can't give them five stars is because most of the time I go there, I get faucet butt. Last time I ate there I produced a fruit punch Kool-Aid / liquid meat emulsion for the entirety of the following day. But, as our old friend Dionysus would say; ''The pleasure is worth the pain".

Visited September 2011
3 Thank BobbyMoney
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

They appear to not understand celiac, tho they said they did and I thought I explained things to them. My dinner was soupy as they said they had nothing but flour in the kitchen. First time I have ever been to a Chinese restaurant with no rice flour nor cornstarch ! What ever, it has been clear that the meal was not gluten free. My companions shrimp dinner was mostly onions, very little shrimp. Mine had no vegetables and no rice. No one came to ask how things were.

This is not the first time I have been there, the last time dinner was celery, grease and a tiny bit of chicken. We wont be back.

• Visited September 2011