Title "Expensive Food Poisoning" sums it up. Five of us went there for Thanksgiving dinner, and my husband, who had the swordfish, was up all night and the next day throwing up like I've never ever heard anyone else be sick like this before in my life. He was losing everything from way down in his toes all the way up every half hour to 45 minutes! We finally went to the dr's and they ran x-rays and blood tests to make sure it wasn't something else, but no....it was food poisoning. I called Captain Linnell's House right away to say, "Don't serve that fish." I left my number on their answering machine, and I thought I'd hear back from them, but not a peep.
I can only say that I'm glad the elderly members of our party steered clear of the fish, because the fish surely would've killed them! As it was, for over two weeks my husband wasn't able to hold down anything other than crackers, water, flat ginger ale, and broth. It's mid January now, and he's still not completely recovered.
I don't think I've ever written an unkind report on any of the restaurants, hotels, or other businesses we've experienced, because if I don't have anything nice to say, I prefer not to say anything. Our experience was extremely upsetting, and I felt obligated to report this.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.