“Great Night Out....FOOD, WINE, SERVICE!!”

Mahoney's Atlantic Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Upscale dining in downtown Orleans. Historic building with a convivial, long bar, and a cozy dining room serving local seafood, prime beef, hearty salads, pasta and signature desserts.
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We went a few Fridays ago and had a wonderful night out..The food was fantastic...the service prompt, pleasant and food was delivered hot...and beautiful displayed...BRAVO MAHONEY'S....WE WILL BE BACK!

Reviewed July 19, 2009

We discovered Manoney's about 4 summers ago. We try to go twice during each vacation. The food is consitently good, the servers are attentive and knowledgeable and the atmosphere great.

Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I recently went to Mahoney's on a Friday evening on the Cape. We've been there many times over the years, and again were not disappointed! Even though the bar and restaurant were starting to get busy and crowded, we had excellent service from drinks through dinner. BTW...the bar really does serve an excellent drink. I had a Lemon Drop Martini which was not too sweet...really just the way I wanted it! Also, there's a nice selection of wines at pretty decent prices. I usually order the Grilled Lobster which is the BEST, but at the wait staff suggestion, I had a pasta special and was not disappointed. My husband had the Sole Almondine which he also enjoyed. In the past, we've also had the Ribs, as well as the roasted chicken----all of which were very good!
Love the ambience, food....the wait staff was very attentive.....the hostess stopped by to check on us during dinner as well.

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Not sure why the quality of the food changes - perhaps it depends on who's working the kitchen at the time?
The service varies between adequate and horrible, and it's easier to track down your server if you sit at the bar (mr. bartender can't go far).
Cost: It's expensive, considering the serving sizes and inconsistency.
Also, one night, we were joking with the waitress about something, and some heavy-set guy came over and gave us a hard time (the owner?). He's got a short fuse, didn't know the context of our innoucuous remarks and was a jerk.
I mean, I probably wouldn't have gone back, apart from getting a beer and appetizers at the bar, but now I'll never return.
You're better off at the Land Ho! or Yardarm (both within walking distance).

1  Thank lionhound
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant Just before the 4th weekend. There were several couples with small children taking up the section of the seats near the windows. They seem to keep this section for people with kids. It was very, very dark in the remainder of the place. Our waitress was attentive at first, but less so as the meal progressed and the place began to fill up. My portion of cod was prepared very well, but seemed tiny. Salads were a la carte, so the miniscule entree and a salad came to $30. After I ordered one cup of coffee there was never an offer for a refill. There are so many GOOD resaurants that I wouldn't bother returning to Mahoney's -it's a poor value and nothing you couldn't get a Hearth and Kettle.

1  Thank maxbeachbum