“Another great visit!”

Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Upscale dining in downtown Orleans. Historic building with a convivial, long bar, and a cozy dining room serving local seafood, prime beef, hearty salads, pasta and signature desserts.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Another great visit!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate my birthday (did not tell them!) and had two terrific meals: tuna that my husband loves, especially with the wasabi and pickled ginger and I had the salmon special. Added salad specials and we left very happy once again. Service was friendly and very attentive. Would recommend this restaurant!

Visited January 2014

Orleans, Massachusetts
“Best New Year's meal ever”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Mahoney's New Year's Eve menu was spectacular. We shared a half-dozen oysters on the half-shell which were fresh and briny. Then we indulged in the New Year's Eve specials. My roasted halibut, wrapped in prosciutto and served on a bed of braised lentils, was accompanied by their wonderful barley risotto and the tenderest, most delicious carrots I have ever had. The halibut and the crispy prosciutto were a perfect combination. My companion greatly enjoyed the seafood risotto, which was brimming with lobster, shrimp, and scallops. Dinner was pricey but worth it for a special occasion.

• Visited December 2013
“Tired of the menu! ”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm not so sure if the menu has changed since Mahoney's opened years ago. Please! It's time for a change! I look forward to dining here but get disappointed when none of the specials appeal to me... sometimes when this happens I just want to leave. The menu choices are average, usual, and nothing to get excited about. The specials (when I find one to try) usually are top notch. Drinks are always excellent, service could be a bit faster... at times we have waited more than 5-7 minutes to even be acknowledged by a server.
Mostly, however, I'm just tired of the menu.

Ann M, Owner at Mahoney's Atlantic Bar & Grill, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
We have an extensive menu with many options for seafood as well as meat lovers. Over the years we have made changes to the menu, but many patrons are fiercely loyal to specific appetizers and entrees that are the mainstays on the menu. We'll continue to offer weekly specials (view them on our Facebook page until our new hip web site is launched) and the Mad Mexican menu on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Oct- April).
North Chatham, Massachusetts
“Same menu forever”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

good food but very boring. Food items have been the same forever. I find that returning to the same items every time makes me want to try other places. prices are ok but on the high side. servers can be on the slow side and do not interact well with guest. they forgot my martini and messed up my order. steak was over cooked as well. tuna was very good. Not sure if im up for another visit

Visited September 2013
Avon, Connecticut
“Comfortable and tasty”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on a Friday night, no reservations but got a table right away although crowded. Very good chowder and appetizers, nice atmosphere - fun!

Visited September 2013