“Fabulous food, great atmosphere and friendly staff”

Mahoney's Atlantic Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Upscale dining in downtown Orleans. Historic building with a convivial, long bar, and a cozy dining room serving local seafood, prime beef, hearty salads, pasta and signature desserts.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Called in for a drink and cocktail and stayed for dinner. Didn't have to wait long for a table. Food was delicious and staff in the restaurant and bar friendly and helpful. Wish we had visited earlier in our holiday so that we could go back again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

A bit overpriced even in expensive Cape Cod, but good, fresh food. Service was alright – we waited a long time for pretty much everything – seating, a menu, water, etc. My sister has a home on Cape Cod and she and her husband eat here frequently, so maybe it was just an off night. I wouldn’t choose it again, though.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in Eastham for a week and were recommended Mahoney's as one of the places we had to try. It proved to be a good recommendation. We ate there 3 times during our stay. Although you can't book and they were busy, we only waited a maximum of 30 minutes: and they have a nice bar where you can sit and chat.

The food was very good with one exception: the stuffed chicken (for main) was overcooked and burnt on the underside: with hindsight we should have sent it back. Otherwise the ribs were to die for: the scallops wrapped in bacon, the blackened scallops and shrimp and tuna sushimi were all yummy: as I said it was all very good.The service was consistently good and not rushed: we got the bill when we wanted rather than when they wanted to give it to us (which makes a nice change). Draught beers were good: I liked the Cisco IPA.

Price-wise it was what we expected when compared with other places that we'd eaten at in the area: not cheap, but not too expensive.

We'd definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Never went to this restaurant prior to this year because we usually stay in the Eastham/Wellfleet area..but this year we stayed in Orleans and this restaurant was literally a mile away so we gave it a shot and i'm glad we did! First off if you are a family with children i dont recomend this place...it's quite pricey and the atmosphere really isnt one for children (in my opinion). That being said, I thought the food here was pricy but excellent! There was something for everyone, not just seafood like so many other restaurants in the cape. I got a pasta dish with sauteed eggplant, roasted peppers, garlic, roasted tomatoes, and shrimp. It was $24 and the lowest priced special on the list....but it was TASTY. I didnt like that the meals dont come with a salad...I feel like for meals ranging from $24-$35 you should toss in a salad. But that's really my only complaint. The service was friendly and the martinis delicious! We will be going back to this place our next trip to the cape!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had lunch last,year and dinner this year. We enjoyed our seafood entrees. Wine list was small and not very adventurous. Dessert of frozen lemon mousse was a standout, with a garnish of candied lemon peel.
Service was good and unrushed.