“Awful”
Review of Hearth 'n Kettle Restaurants - CLOSED

Hearth 'n Kettle Restaurants
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving breakfast,lunch and dinner in an attractive colonial setting since 1973. Dining room has booths, tables and full bar.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Awful”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have eaten here in years past and it was always fine. This time we had a bad experience. Although it wasn't crowded at all, the server took way too long. We put in our initial orders which included soup for many of us. It was a long time until he came back to let one in our party know that what she had ordered wasn't available. She changed her order and a long time later he brought our clam chowder (which was good) but not her French onion soup. He dropped my oyster crackers on the floor and then when my child handed them to him he proceeded to put the dirty cracker package on the table with my chowder instead of getting me a fresh package. When he finally brought our entrees along with the missing soup, much of what we ordered did not taste good. Our server didn't clear our dishes throughout the meal including the empty soup bowls, etc. He rarely checked on us and didn't fill empty drinks unless we asked. Finally, when the server brought our check it wasn't correct and we were charged for things we didn't order. We brought the check to the register and they were able to straighten it out. I would've excused the errors of the server (maybe he was new?) if the food had been better but that wasn't the case. We were really disappointed by the service, the food, and the time it took and will not be back.

1 Thank MotheringByHeart
LouMassi, Guest Relations Manager at Hearth 'n Kettle Restaurants, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed. I will address these issues with the GM and the staff to help get them back on track. As you stated, you have always enjoyed your meals in the past and I am confident you will again in the future.

Best Regards,

Lou Massi

Farmington, Connecticut
“Our server was off her game”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

She was very distracted by something. She forgot us for a while, and it seemed the senior crowd that came after us got served their food before we got ours. We didn't order anything unusual, either. I had the beef hash with eggs over easy, my husband had an omelet and my daughter had pancakes. The food was fine once we got it, but that poor waitress will need to get her head in the game before the season starts.

• Visited June 2014
“Exc. early bird menu 4-6 pm”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Going here on several trips last few years. Wife and I enjoy early bird menu $10-15, 3$ Add
Soup & desserts. Nice atmosphere, efficient service, & meal that is good value. Try the kettle fries as a side!

Princeton, New Jersey
“Take a Tip from a Senior Citizen”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I know, people say that the Hearth'n Kettle restaurants are for the older folks. The decor is a little old fashioned and you see a lot of retired people eating there. Well, those of us who have been around and eaten in hundreds of restaurants recognize good food, efficient service and great value for the dollar. I have never had a bad meal in this restaurant and am always pleased with the quiet, relaxed atmosphere. The menu is very extensive and the portions are generous. You will not find fancy sauces or gourmet selections, just good local food that is well prepared. Great place to bring the kids! They have a huge selection of breakfast options. No loud music or sports televisions (one in the bar area - with no volume). And yes, they have a bar and serve drinks, wine and beer. Lots of parking and a nice friendly place to bring the family. There is no "happening scene" or a loud festive crowd - just good food for the whole family.

1 Thank Judith K
NEW YORK
“Awesome meal”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here after a long day of kayaking. We all shared the onion burger, the lobster and shrimp scout and some other meals. Food was really good!! We would return to this friendly establishment.

1 Thank LJOHN01