“Great tex-mex food and drinks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Guapo's Restaurant

Guapo's Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 56 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Baltimore
“Great tex-mex food and drinks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have only been to the Brewster location (right off the rail trail) - mostly outdoor dining / picnic tables. Very good fish tacos and chips/salsa/guac. Sometimes hard to grab a table during dinner time but that's the only draw back.

Visited July 2013

Brewster, MA
“They've come a long way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We used to go to El Guapo's first restaurant when it opened next to the Brewster Country store. Then it moved to it's present location across from the Post Office. We liked the food although it didn't have much atmosphere and it was the only Mexican around unless you wanted to travel to Harwich. But, it always bothered me that you had to pay for chips and salsa -- something that almost all Mexican restaurants provide for free. Over the years we just stopped going.

I put off trying this new second Guapo's in Orleans at the Staples Plaza because I assumed it would be the same old same old but we were pleasantly surprised when we had lunch there 3 weeks ago. It is a cute little air-conditioned sit down restaurant and full bar with a separate take-out area -- decorated in a surfing theme.

They do provide your first order of chips and salsa - free. They have a daily special -- 2 tacos and a side for $8.99. The shrimp tacos are heaven with roasted peppers, guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce, and real grilled shrimp (not tiny rock shrimp). I have not had a better taco ANYWHERE. We have been back 3 times. Other diners around us seemed very happy with their choices also. They make an effort for those who need gluten free choices too. Although they do not have a dedicated fryer, their soft tacos are gluten free corn and the taco choices (except for the Baja fish) are all gluten free. They have many choices of sauces at the table for those who like it hot.

They offer music several nights as well. Give it a try-- but beware, you could become addicted to the shrimp tacos.

Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Good Decor and Wings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went here for dinner. We went a bit early before the crowds started in. The hostess and waitstaff were friendly and attentive. They got us multiple refills of my ice water and my daughter's soda. We ordered the ultimate nachos and the wings to share as a table for our meal. The honey habenero sauce on the wings was amazing although the wings themselves were a little on the small side. The chipotle BBQ sauce on the wings was pretty good, but probably average for BBQ wings. The nachos were so huge that despite it and the wings being the only food for 2 adults and one wing loving child, we only finished maybe half of them.

The food came out quickly and the restaurant was very clean and there was plenty of parking as the location is part of a large strip mall. The prices were a little high, but in line with the portions of food. Other dishes I saw coming out of the kitchen also looked good with fresh ingredients. I would try it again and bring a bigger appetite next time.

Newton, Massachusetts
“Best Mexican in Lower Cape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently visited this restaurant and was very impressed with the atmosphere, service and last but not least the delicious food. The staff was very attentive and friendly and the drinks were stiff and well mixed. I ordered the Chimi style burrito and it was out of this world. Free chips and salsa were a nice touch and I will be certain to return again in the near future. A true "five star" experience!

Visited July 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The decor, food and service were all average. The food lacked flavor and spice. The portions are of a good size. I probably won't give it another try.

1 Thank Jill3399