“Wonderful!”
Review of The Local Scoop

The Local Scoop
Ranked #6 of 6 Dessert in Orleans
Description: Make Your Own Sundae Bar : Frozen Yogurt, Homemade Ice Cream, Sorbet, with over 60 Toppings to choose from. We have Vegan, Gluten Free and Sugar Free Options too. We also make Specialty Ice Cream Cakes, Smoothies, Specialty Hot Drinks, Dessert Crepes, Coffee and Tea in French Press. We sell Local Cape Cod Made Specialty Foods - E&T Honey, Cape Cod Saltworks Salt, Wellfleet Seasalt, Cape Cod Beer Peanut Brittle and Porter Pretzels, Chatham Jam and Jelly, CapeCod Flavor Co Specialty Sugar and Salts,
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The frozen yogurt was delicious and the toppings bar had everything you could ask for. Loved the cinnamon whipped cream and raspberry topping.

thelocalscoop, Owner at The Local Scoop, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for such a great review - appreciate your feedback. You picked two of my favorite toppings - the Cinnamon Whipped Cream is an old time family recipe that I loved to pair with blueberries in the summer and use to top my coffee in the fall..... and I cannot get enough of the raspberry sauce - it gives everything a kick in flavor.
Thank you again!
Mary
Mary DeBartolo
Owner and CIO - Chief Ice Cream Officer

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Ice cream was very "cold", meaning the fat content was barely legal. Over priced things to add to marginal frozen product. They should try serving frozen custard.

Hi RIchard - appreciate your feedback and sorry your experience was not what we are striving for in the shop...... We offer lots of variety in frozen desserts - from frozen soft serve fruit, sorbet, frozen yogurt, soft serve ice cream, and just recently we introduced a homemade hard serve ice cream. Based on product chosen the butterfat content can range from 0% all the way up to 16%. (our soft serve Ice cream is 10% butterfat, which is actually much higher than the norm).

We are also working to keep the quality of the product high - and make a lot from scratch. We cut up fresh fruit all day, and make specialty whipped creams. . Pricing is always on our mind and we try to keep it affordable.

Let me know what flavor you tried that did not work - we know you have lots of choices, and appreciate you giving us a try. Our goal is to make it worth your trip and provide an excellent experience for all.

Mary
Mary DeBartolo
Owner and CIO - Chief Ice Cream Officer

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My experience at The Local Scoop was spectacular! I cannot wait to go in with my daughters friends and have them "fill up" with the variety of choices there. I was greeted when I arrived and showed how to make my own sundae. It was great to try the flavors of froyo and soft serve. The girl at the register (I believe it was Liz or Lisa?) She was friendly and very pleasant to me and my husband. She informed us about the homemade hard serve and the new pop mobile. Overall the experience was wonderful and I hope everyone has a chance to go to enjoy this place!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Homemade waffle cones and clean, clean, clean. No sticky tables, good combination of yogurt, ice cream and numerous toppings. All fresh and well presented.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a relatively new Orleans establishment. The idea (salad-like ice cream bar) and outdoor customer seating are great. There are several serve-yourself frozen ice cream and yogurt machines and a large condiment bar that includes fresh fruit along the usual ice cream fare. The choices are amazing! But I found that it was confusing for 1st timers – no signage to alert you as to what to do and no attendants to help you.
The check out is challenging: ice cream bar on one side, cash registers on the other. To make matters worse, every item gets weighed for pricing (scale has no paper between item and stainless steel-yuk). The lines can be hard to identify and frustratingly long as you watch your purchase melt during the wait.
The prices are astonishing! I had a small wafer cone with about 3” of frozen yogurt swirl on it for over $7.00!!! And half of it was on my hand by the time I paid for it. A family of 5 would be smart to skip supper in order to afford a dessert here.
The yogurt was good, but not exceptional – you get much better value for the same taste from the local Wendy’s