“You have got to try this place out!”
Review of The Local Scoop

The Local Scoop
Ranked #6 of 6 Dessert in Orleans
Description: Make Your Own Sundae Bar : Frozen Yogurt, Homemade Ice Cream, Sorbet, with over 60 Toppings to choose from. We have Vegan, Gluten Free and Sugar Free Options too. We also make Specialty Ice Cream Cakes, Smoothies, Specialty Hot Drinks, Dessert Crepes, Coffee and Tea in French Press. We sell Local Cape Cod Made Specialty Foods - E&T Honey, Cape Cod Saltworks Salt, Wellfleet Seasalt, Cape Cod Beer Peanut Brittle and Porter Pretzels, Chatham Jam and Jelly, CapeCod Flavor Co Specialty Sugar and Salts,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have got to try this place out!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My experience at The Local Scoop was spectacular! I cannot wait to go in with my daughters friends and have them "fill up" with the variety of choices there. I was greeted when I arrived and showed how to make my own sundae. It was great to try the flavors of froyo and soft serve. The girl at the register (I believe it was Liz or Lisa?) She was friendly and very pleasant to me and my husband. She informed us about the homemade hard serve and the new pop mobile. Overall the experience was wonderful and I hope everyone has a chance to go to enjoy this place!

• Visited August 2013

East Haddam, CT
“All kinds of TREATS!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Homemade waffle cones and clean, clean, clean. No sticky tables, good combination of yogurt, ice cream and numerous toppings. All fresh and well presented.

Visited August 2013
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Bar w/Raw Bar Prices-Don't Bother”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a relatively new Orleans establishment. The idea (salad-like ice cream bar) and outdoor customer seating are great. There are several serve-yourself frozen ice cream and yogurt machines and a large condiment bar that includes fresh fruit along the usual ice cream fare. The choices are amazing! But I found that it was confusing for 1st timers – no signage to alert you as to what to do and no attendants to help you.
The check out is challenging: ice cream bar on one side, cash registers on the other. To make matters worse, every item gets weighed for pricing (scale has no paper between item and stainless steel-yuk). The lines can be hard to identify and frustratingly long as you watch your purchase melt during the wait.
The prices are astonishing! I had a small wafer cone with about 3” of frozen yogurt swirl on it for over $7.00!!! And half of it was on my hand by the time I paid for it. A family of 5 would be smart to skip supper in order to afford a dessert here.
The yogurt was good, but not exceptional – you get much better value for the same taste from the local Wendy’s

• Visited June 2013
“Fun place for the kIds but not the best ice cream.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Although the kids (11-16) thought making the sundaes was fun and they liked the topping varieties they all agreed the ice cream wasn't as good as they have had at other spots nearby. We will go back though and would recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Best frozen yogurt I've ever had, hands down. Best thing to happen to Cape Cod. Ever. So good, I spent all my money coming here every single day for a whole summer. They have so many flavors and make your own sundae, beautiful view of the sun setting over Stop & Shop and TJ Maxx from they're landscaped garden which is like a little ice cream oasis.

• Visited July 2013