“If it's good for the locals its got to be good.”

The Yardarm Resturant
Ranked #20 of 58 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Description: The Yardarm Restaurant is a small place with a big imprint. In the last decades we've prided ourselves on being the go-to meeting spot for locals in Orleans. On any given day, you'll find townsfolk like fisherman, physicians and plumbers all sharing stories over drinks or watching the Patriots. The Yardarm is a place where friends meet and where new friends are made. A big reason for our popularity is our food. We have a variety of dishes in different styles, from steaks to Gumbos but there's no one else quite does fish like we do. In fact, the Yardarm is where the local fisherman go to eat. We even serve forgotten traditional favorites like Cod Cheeks. Then more come in for the friendly service. Everyone from the owners down to the wait staff has made it their utmost priority to serve you well, and you'll definitely notice the smiles on our faces and attention to detail as you slowly realize like you're dining at a friend's place. There's no where else quite like the Yardarm!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My GF and I were camping at Nickerson's and eating out almost every night the week of the 4th of July. My GF has camped alone and with family over the many years on Cape Cod and she is pretty familiar with many of the fine restaurants on the Cape. But the Yardarm was new to her and certainly new to me as this was my first time on Cape Cod.

We've eaten at so many places during the week I forgot how it was that we came to know of the Yardarm, but now we'll never forget it.

At first I did not think we were going to be able to get in. It was certainly busy but the hostess was able to seat us right away since we were only a table for two.

We had to fend the waitress off several times after she served us our drinks because we could not make up our minds what we wanted between the menu and the specials. Everything sounded good and we found it hard to pick just one.

I eventually settled on the Fish Fry Dinner and no Clam Chowder, much to my regret. I have not had a bad Clam Chowder the whole week we were on the Cape, but I knew I couldn't eat Chowder and the Fish Fry. Good decision on my part because the Fish Fry was HUGE.

Not only was the Fish Fry a large portion but it was Hot hot hot. And I like it like that. Ate every morsel on my plate. Forgive me for not remembering what my GF ate but like I said we ate out every night and that is just too much to remember for my old grey cells. But I will tell you she loved her meal because there were no brown bags going out the door for us.

The Yardarm was busy for a Monday evening. Obviously well liked by partrons and I can understand why. Food was excellent, Service was attentive and the atmosphere was warm and friendly if not busy. One thing I especially liked was that we could converse during our meal because it was not too loud given the number of people in the restaurant.

I would definitely go back again, given that we could find it again. Thank goodness for the GPS.

1  Thank Alain L
John S, Owner at The Yardarm Resturant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

It's so great to hear that you had such a nice time with us. Our guests love the chowder, but you can certainly never go wrong with the Fish Fry -- I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it. I'm happy to hear that the service was on point, as well. I hope you'll come back and join us again this summer.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I enjoy the good food and casual atmosphere at the Yardarm. The decor is slightly dated but has a lot of charm and is definitely not a "dive". The menu consists of your typical pub fare and the prices are reasonable. The chowder is fantastic. Good beer selection as well. I would definitely recommend a stop in for a bite to eat!

1  Thank RimRock8
John S, Owner at The Yardarm Resturant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thanks so much for your recommendation. It's great to hear that you enjoy coming in for some good beer and chowder, of course. I hope to see you sometime soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were a large family group and had to wait to be seated but we got frequent updates on what to expect. It was apparent that everything was being done to accommodate us. Once seated, the service was excellent and attentive and the food was prepared exactly as described. The menu is varied enough to suit a wide range of preferences and our entire party was satisfied.

1  Thank BaTLady2014
John S, Owner at The Yardarm Resturant, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

It's so great to hear that you had a nice time while visiting us. I'm glad the staff was friendly and helpful and that everyone in your party enjoyed their meal. I hope you won't hesitate to come back again.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went to Yard Arm for fish and chips. Cost $12.95 for a very little piece of fish with shoe string potatoes and a little cold slaw. Was not happy at all and will not go there again. This was my second time there. I figured that the first time was just a bad day. But it was not any better. The price was too high for little amount of food. I am not a big eater.

2  Thank BAZ810
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Always crowded lunch or dinner .......very noisy ......tables close together ......full range blackboard menu from prime rib to fried clams including some items not ordinarily found in the pub type restaurants such as bratwurst and baked beans ........friendly service.........reasonable prices.....worth a try.

2  Thank Ray H