“Nice folks, good rate”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
York, NY
“Nice folks, good rate”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here on an impromptu trip, called from the road and got a nice small waterfront room at a good price for the Cape, even in the late season. Room was comfortable, in a small annex that has a large shared porch. It sits overlooking a pleasant cove, and a gazebo that, during the summer, looks like a great place for a cookout. The dock had been pulled in already, the pool was closed, and the gazebo area was blocked off by yellow tape. Not a big problem, since the porch was fine, and the weather was too cool for much outdoor sitting. Front desk folks were very nice, the owner gave me a lot of info on sites and sights in the area, especially some lighthouses I wanted to see. Some small cleaning issues in the room but warm, wifi worked well. Overall a very positive experience. I liked the idea of quiet hours, since, in season, I magine the place can be busy.

Room Tip: Small waterfront rooms were nice. Not the most 'waterfront-y' place on the cape, but a good...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Niwot, Colorado
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Third stay in about ten years, and this was the most disappointing visit. The carpets have not been cleaned in years, and it shows. When I opened the fridge door, there was solid rust along the bottom edge not to mention the wood shims shoved underneath the edge to keep it level. The bathroom showed the most neglect, with such highlights as a hole in the fiberglass shower enclosure where the corner shelf resides; a rusted chrome-plated towel holder above the toilet that suffered from drywall damage. My favorite was the towel bar, somehow broken by a previous guest, so they used a spring-loaded curtain rod in place of the glass dowel to barely hold our towels in place with a big sagging curve. The towels them selves were threadbare and showed shredded edges. It was Labor Day weekend, but we paid over $180 a night for a quite sub-standard room with a really nice bay view. Not an equitable exchange in terms of value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank NiwotTravelers
covemanager, Manager at Cove Motel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us over Labor Day weekend. Your detailed comments and photos have clearly outlined some areas in need of improvement.

I am very sorry that your experience with us was spoiled by the poor condition of some of the items in your room. We do always try to make sure that everything in our guest rooms is properly maintained and we certainly fell short of this during your visit.

I have brought these concerns to both our housekeeping and maintenance departments and would like to assure you and future guests that these issues will be quickly resolved.

While I do thank you for bringing these items to my attention now, I wish we had been given the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here. We do genuinely care about your experience with us and will always try to do what we can to correct any shortcomings.

Bonnie Gray
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the perfect hotel for our needs. It was clean, the staff friendly, it had a nice view of the water. I enjoyed sitting outside and reading for an hour or so one afternoon. It was convenient to the Cape Cod Rail trail and several little restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

i recently returned from a wedding on cape cod (that i was working - i am a wedding planner/floral designer) and stayed at the cove motel for my first night of the wedding weekend. let me tell you - from the very initial phone call, sally and her team were so friendly, accommodating and wonderful. i had several boxes of flowers that needed to be unloaded and packed in to buckets of water and sally let me use the conference room above the reception lobby area. i was in there literally all day! once i finally went to bed it was like heaven on earth - the most comfortable bed i've slept in since the last westin heavenly bed i've been in :)

from the location, to the price, to the overall charm of this little spot, i would recommend it a thousand times over. and hopefully when my husband and i return, we can stay there again for a mini vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jacinfitzgerald
Etobicoke, ON
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at The Cove with our two young children and it was perfect. Clean rooms, you can borrow DVDs to watch, incredible selection of tv channels and the BEST view of the bay. Was able to have a nice dinner at a local restaurant, good breakfast at another nearby place and The Christmas Tree Shop filled with home goodies is right across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gertiemama
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very nice motel,clean nice sized room,having a couch a nice bonus as well as the usual table and chairs.We visited Columbus Day weekend.Room had a nice water view with an outdoor table and chairs to relax in.The location is great ,close to all shops and restaurants.Strongly suggest you check it out if you are looking for a place centrally located on the cape.

Room Tip: Don't need a waterfront room,all rooms are that close.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My friends and I came up from Philadelphia for a wedding and came to the Cove sight unseen. The place was adorable, clean, and a great value. Sally at reception was so responsive, sweet, and genuine. Next time I'm in Cape Cod I'd have no hesitation staying there again and recommending it to my friends. Seriously loved it.

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Governor Prence Inn
#5 of 8 in Orleans
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod

Been to Cove Motel? Share your experiences!