“Nice waterfront motel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cove Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cove Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Nice waterfront motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was our second visit to The Cove. This time we had the room that was closest to the water and had magnificent views of Town Cove. The room itself was small but sufficient, the bathroom was a good size. Strange thing though, the faucets are backwards -- even the shower! Don't scald yourself thinking you're turning the water down because it's getting hotter. The Cove is one of the quietest places I've ever stayed. Perhaps because we waited until after Labor Day but you never heard anything even though the place was full. There were plenty of places for breakfast or dinner within a 10-15 minute walk, some right around the block. Very convenient location, minutes to Nauset Beach, National Seashore, Nickerson State Park, downtown Orleans for shopping.

Room Tip: visit their website to see the variety of sizes of units. Don't choose the waterfront rooms if y...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dedham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We visited The Cove during off season- the price was right and I was able to get a room on the water for such a super price- It was clean, spacious, we were able to borrow a DVD and watch in our room as well as after a long day get a pizza delivered- Cannot wait to do again in january..Also this was my second stay- on a previous stay I stayed in the guest house- I had a fireplace and balcony....

Room Tip: room on the water during off season - best bargain!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sme42929
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Comfortable bed, clean room but dated decor. Needs freshening up like new carpet fresh coat of paint. The staff is very friendly [( sally) especially]. There is not a safe in the room, and the locks are actual key locks. The motel is an older motel and being that the cape is mostly for families it is an acceptable place to stay, although most motels are dated. The pool is basic and no towels are provided. There is not an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nisswa, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Cove Motel staff was very friendly, and always willing to offer a helping hand. I had a small waterfront room which was small, but was on the end and had a lovely view of the cove. Furnishings were modest and somewhat outdated, but all very comfortable. I would describe the room and stay as cozy and comfortable! Inexpensive per cape standards. May have been a bit more clean, but definetely had a resort feel. Bright white rooms!

Room Tip: If want a waterfront view- recommend the small waterfront at the end which has 2 windows. It is a v...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We've stayed at The Cove twice before when we visted the cape so once again I booked us for what I expected to be a nice stay. Like most motels on the cape, the place is older but they do a nice job with what they have. Things are painted white and look bright, etc. Clean as always. Unfortunately, we happened to be staying on the hottest day known to man on the cape. We check in aroung 5 p.m. and get to our room where the windows are open and the a/c isn't on. Would have been nice to have the a/c turned on prior to our stay so our room was cool but it is the cape so ok. We close up and turn on the rather old and rather small window unit that is installed in the back wall of our room. We leave for dinner and expect to come back to a cool room. We return an hour later to find the room still sweltering and the a/c just pushing warm air. I call the desk and apprarently they only have one attendant on who is expected to multi-task (on the cusp of high season I would have expected two people on). She comes and cleans the filter (which was NASTY and had not been cleaned in forever) and said to try again. We left the room for another 30 minutes to see what happens. Come back and it is still pushing warm air. There is clearly no way we can sleep in this room when it's 90 degrees outside. I ask for another room and I'm told they were booked up. No more rooms. She says she can call a maintanance person but I decline. It's now 7 p.m. and I really don't want to sit around for a guy to show up and tell us he can't do anything without installing a whole new a/c unit. I ask for a refund, which I get but the clerk doesn't even offer to help us find another motel or anything. I have to ask HER where else we can go. I was so unhappy and so disappointed with The Cove. This used to be our go-to motel on the cape and now we will not go back because I simply lost faith in them and their customer service. I understand that sometimes things like an a/c fail but the least they could have done was offer to find me another motel room somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jenflower8
, Manager at Cove Motel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I am truly sorry for your experience with us last week. We do normally put the A/C on for arriving guests-especially on a day expected to be so hot.

Unfortunately that did not happen. We were finishing up some room projects before the season and had someone come in to install new drapes and rods in that room. Sadly we did neglect to return after the work was complete to re-check the room for your arrival. If we had only done that the room would have been cooled for you-but by the time you arrived the room had just gotten too warm to be really comfortable in a relatively short span of time.

Your comments regarding the service you received are of great concern to me. The front desk agent who was on duty that evening has been with us for many years and has often been complimented for being very friendly and helpful. I asked her why she did not offer to find you other accommodations. She stated that normally she would have but after you refused the offer to call maintenance it seemed that you were very anxious to leave and just concerned about receiving a refund.

I do appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to discuss how we can improve our service to all guests. Perhaps in this case the front desk agent was too caught up in trying to fix the problem and in the process neglected to properly take care of you. Once again, I am very sorry for the whole experience.

Bonnie Gray
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Black mold in the bathroom, which is the worst mold. Stains in carpeting. Peeling paint in bedroom, directly over bed. Absolutely disgusting. Stay away!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Angelmom54
Waco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My stay at the Cove was fine, and I thought it was a good value for the Cape. The waterfront location is great, and it was quiet there during my stay. I found a nice little bakery within walking distance for breakfast, but didn't see much else nearby in terms of eating, shopping, or entertainment. The woman at the front desk was always on the phone, but was polite and attentive to my questions.

The room was pretty average in size, but the bathroom was large. Everything looked clean and well maintained, to my surprise. I say that because much of it is old -- for instance, the mini-frig was by Quasar. When was the last time you saw that brand?! It looked like the bathroom had gotten a new tub surround and toilet, but that tile took me right back to my childhood in the 70s . . . . The old-style TV had some issues, but I eventually got it to work too, along with the baseboard heat. The only thing that didn't work, I guess, was the internet connection. I had no wi-fi signal in my room, and the "dataport phone" advertised in the brochure was nowhere to be found. I was able to connect in the Cove office, so I think the wi-fi doesn't extend to all the buildings.

The bed was comfortable enough, the linens adequate. My travel guide mentioned something about "soothing neutral colors" -- which is true, but it looked pretty sparse to me. I think there was exactly one piece of artwork on the wall, but at least it was tasteful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IMHOguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#7 of 8 in Orleans
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Cove Motel? Share your experiences!