“Nice place to stay, a bit pricey in the summer”
Review of Cove Motel

and 1 more site!
Cove Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed here, as did much of her extended family for a family reunion. Since this was a very popular place to stay, we couldn't all get rooms next to each other but that was OK. The grounds aren't huge and they are fairly well taken care of.
For the cost per night (~$189), I would have expected a bit of a nicer room with a softer bed and pillows. The room was very clean though, with no weird smells. The in-room coffee was stocked and actually not too bad.
I went in a few of the other rooms where family members were staying, and they were all similar. The one that stood out the most was a room in the "Inn" portion of the Cove. It was the top floor, but it had a fireplace, full kitchen and a nice deck overlooking everything. I didn't ask how much it was per night but I can imagine it was considerably more than our room!
We spent a fair amount of time in the pool, as there were a few children around, and found it clean and not too cold. Some found it a bit chilly, but on the hot days it was refreshing. The only downside to it is that it closes too early.
All together, this was a good place to stay with clean rooms, friendly staff and well maintained buildings.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms looked the nicest.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband booked this motel for us to stay as a family for a few days. We have rented houses in different locations on the Cape over the years, mainly Chatham, Harwich, and Yarmouthport and wanted to see what Orleans was like. I must admit for $200 per night I was expecting something alot nicer. We travel alot for vacation in the US and Canada and this is not a $200 per nite place to stay, high season on the Cape or not. It is an average motel, very old looking, rooms are just ok, outdated. Our room had a toilet that made a horrible noise every time it was flushed, an exhaust fan in the bathroom that made a loud noise and had dead bugs in the ceiling light in the bathroom,. If it was less than $100 per nite I would recommend it, but it it is your typical average MOTEL and definitely not worth $200 per nite. I didn't interact with any of the staff so I cannot comment on the helpfulness nor did we use the pool (we went to the beach which is close by).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank roselynnbelle
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We reserved 3 nights for July 4th weekend. Very nice proprty layout with quiet surroundings despite being on a somewhat busy road. Great pool area with pretty view of the bay. Lots of trees and greenery around and a nice little walking path down to the dock by the water. Rooms were clean and grounds well-kept. Very convenient location with lots of eating and shopping places in walking distance, and Skaket and Nauset Beaches just minutes away by car. My only issue was the restrictions on number of people in the rooms. Good advice to call ahead with the number of people and ages in your group so they can accommodate accordingly. As I did not know this, our group had to separate and use another hotel for 2 nights due to no vacancy at The Cove. They should definitely clarify this on their website to avoid confusion and inconveniences. Otherwise, would definitely stay here again and just book two rooms next time!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jtcc91
Reviewed April 28, 2011

The staff was very friendly and professional. Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious for the entire family and all of our stuff. Our children enjoyed the picnic area by the water, and I found it a pleasant spot to devour a chapter of a favorite book with my morning coffee.Orleans is a great location for exploring the Cape from, and The Cove is a welcoming and homey spot to use as a base for the whole family.

Room Tip: worth getting 2nd floor room for the water view!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Cove Motel.
The staff were most helpful with any questions.
The rooms very clean and cleaned every day. The rooms are quite large and have good facilities including a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. Fresh coffee every day and kitchen towel.
Free internet connection is also available.
The rooms are well furnished with a comfortable bed, blankets rather than quilt, a table and chairs and patio furniture on the shared courtyard. Your car can be parked right outside your room.
Some might say it needs redecorating, we feel that cleanliness is more important.
As mentioned by others there is a quiet period at night so not the place for parties but very suitable for those that do want to sleep at night.
Orleans is conveniently located on the centre of Cape Cod.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My best friend came out for a visit over Labor Day. Opted to do a "staycation" and could not have picked a better spot. My friends bus from Logan was late so I called ahead and they gave me the room number and said they would open the room and leave the key.

We were waiting for the possible hurricane - things were handled very calmly. I loved the patios outside the rooms and the quiet hours really were a benefit.

It was such a comfortable place that I would recommend and stay again.

Loved being able to walk to breakfast, ice cream and dinner.

Very nice place.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2010

2 star gem. Nice property across from the Christmas Tree shop on route 28 in Orleans. Large rooms with everything you need. Comfortable Queen bed felt brand new. Roomy sitting area with large sleep sofa, table and chairs, TV to view from bed or couch. Gazebo and picnic tables near the water. Tables and chairs outside the rooms to enjoy a morning coffee. Bakery and ice cream shop just steps away. The room was equipped with touches you expect in a higher rated hotel like hairdryer, coffee maker, refridgerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, shampoos, soaps, and lotions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Pleasant Bay Village
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod
Governor Prence Inn
Governor Prence Inn
#6 of 8 in Orleans

Been to Cove Motel? Share your experiences!