“Well run”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Boston, Massachusetts
“Well run”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have been staying here for decades. It is not always my first choice, but it will do. It is actually very well run (by a family, it seems). The rooms are comfortable. It is in a very good location to launch day trips to the beaches, national seashore, or P-town and Hyannis. You can walk to Orleans center (10-15 min) and there are restaurants nearby the hotel as well. I think it is overpriced compared to its competitors in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Orleans, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Its amazing hotel with amazing people,in the best part in the world,I will come again

Room Tip: every rooms are the best,clean and you can totaly enjoy in your staying there
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
mrvt
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I travel to this area about twice a year on business. This location works well for me but in the past there was no reasonably price accommodations. Since this location became a Rodeway Inn under the new ownership that has changed. Rooms are a throw back in time regarding their large size and styling, but they are neat and clean. Family run business that seem to care about their customers. I recently forgot a shirt in my room and they were nice enough to send it to me. There is no doubt where I will be staying during future visits to Orleans.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mrvermont
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My family and I have stayed at the Rodeway Inn a number of times, and have been quite satisfied when we've visited. The price is very reasonable - $69 in the off-season; the innkeepers (the Patels) are very friendly and helpful. The owners are renovating rooms in the hotel, and the one we stayed in during our visit had a renovated bathroom and excellent and clean bedding, carpeting, furniture and furnishings. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and will definitely return to the Rodeway Inn soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank djw101
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This Inn, more like a motel, is one the cheapest and comfortable places to stay in Orleans (Cape Cod), Mass. We've always drove pass this nothing much place and decided to give it a try, since it was off-season on Cape Cod and one of the very few places to remind open year-round.

With our discount, our room, $69 (early November) and it was clean, airy (windows in the front and back), and good lighting. Bathroom was clean, comfortable and had a window looking in the back.... woodsy. Our room had two full beds (decent sheets) and VERY comfortable for 8+ hours of sleeping. Also, a small refrigerator and microwave.

Very surprised by this Inn/motel to find a decent Thai restaurant right next door and within walking distance to the middle of town, no driving. Rooms 32/33/34 (upstairs on the far side) are the best ones. Truck drivers rest here and most of them are friends, except for one or two bad seed.

Room Tip: Ask for 32/33 or 34 on the far side, upstairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Sunfish68
Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had never been to Cape Cod before. I chose Choice Hotels for the most part throughout this trip because we can generally count on them to have decent rooms no matter where we stay. I admit to being a little nervous about this hotel because I could tell these rooms were older from the photos on their website. That's what prompted me to write this review--in case someone else was having the same problem. While it is an older hotel, we found it to be clean and the property was neat and well cared for. We found Orleans a good location to base out of while exploring the Cape. There was an excellent grocery store nearby--wish I had it at home. The motel manager/owner was kind enough to allow us to check in early even though he was obviously enjoying a fun family gathering when we arrived. There are two restaurants next door - both an easy walk without crossing the highway. One restaurant was Thai food and the other was a casual lobster restaurant suitable for families. While I have stayed at nicer hotels - this older hotel worked fine for our one night stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlackLab16
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2011

First, the positives: GREAT location. Can’t beat the price we paid. (Was a promotional free nite courtesy of Choice Hotel Rewards.) Employee at registration desk: SUPER pleasant. In addition to the usual iron/board/built-in hair dryer) Large room complete w/2 beds, couch, microwave, fridge, and as I like to call it: sinkette. Add 4 windows w/screens (inc.1 bathroom) that all open (easily) and you’ve pretty much got me; hook, line & sinker.
And now …the downers: no regular coffee in the room (b/c the pak had been opened and the coffee pod removed) and when we went to the front desk, the friendly clerk checked the supply and all of the regular coffee packets had been opened and the coffee gone. (Decaf was an option only . . .) The hotel offers free breakfast but the bf likes to brew his own first thing or he can’t even function to venture out to GET said free b’fast. Worse than that, the toilet broke on the first flush o’the visit. We called that friendly woman and she told us there was no one there to fix it but give her some time and she could find us another room. The bf, handyman that he is, opted to get his hands dirty and repair it. OK, WORSE than that? I dropped my lip balm and it rolled under the bed. Blind as bat without my contacts, I reached under the bed and found an old berry of some sort, half-way to dried fruit, 2 sticky-ish unidentifiable items and stopped before I found a used condom or something! NOT COOL. I can take old, desperately- in –need- of- a- serious- facelift places, but dirty? Not so much.
If you stay, bring all toiletries b/c they offered one bar of soap and very small shampoo only. The towels are thin and small, but they did offer 3 of each. Linens were worn and mismatched and pillows sparse, but all seemed clean. (Not so much the blanket tho-VERY worn and we pulled it off the bed.)
Location and the fact the nite was free saved us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 12866BornandBred
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Dolphin Inn
Blue Dolphin Inn
#5 of 9 in Eastham
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!