“Underdone ribs, poor fries.”
Review of Lost Dog Pub

Lost Dog Pub
Ranked #14 of 57 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Underdone ribs, poor fries.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our usual places are closed, so we opted to revisit this former Howard Johnson's. Ordered a half rack of ribs. Came out looking really good, with a slathering of BBQ sauce over them. Expected to be able to separate the meat with a fork. No way. Had to use a knife and fork, and finally had to gnaw off what little meat there was. Fries were kinda tough, not crisp. Draft beer was good. Booth seating was comfortable. Mens room light switch had no cover. Bar area was very noisy.

• Visited March 2014

Key West, Florida
“Always consistant and affordable”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The food and service is always consistant and highly affordable. Simple menu and good specials. Always entertainment at the bar, just from people watching.

• Visited January 2014
Eastham
“Nondescript outside, comfortable inside”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a restaurant we had not yet tried on the Cape for a mid week dinner. I travel by the Lost Dog everyday on my way to and from work and always thought I would try it sometime. However, the outside appearance, looking like a former Howard Johnson's, does not have a great curb appeal although the location is ideal for a restaurant. The parking lot is often filled with pick up trucks and vans for the tradesman in the area.

I was pleasantly surprised with the inside of the restaurant. It appears to have three distinct areas, a bar, several tables in the bar area and a booth and table separate dining area. The wait staff was attentive and helpful described several evening specials.

My wife and I both ordered the cheeseburger, an 8oz. Burger that was very tasty and accompanied by more French Fries than either of us could eat, a rarity for me. We also had an appetizer of onion rings that featured the larger style rings, crisp and hot and not greasy!

It was much nicer on the inside than I was expecting and it will not be too long before we return.

• Visited January 2014
NJ
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I went there with my family one night during our vacation. The food was delicious, and I highly recommend the fries!

Visited September 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Nice Find!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were referred to the Lost Dog in Orleans MA from a hockey tournament close by. They were able to accomodate about twelve of us with no reservation. The food and service were both very good. It was a clean restaurant with a bar that we were very happy to find. Everyone was happy with the food from seafood to sandwiches and pizza, all very good.

• Visited November 2013