“Good local place for beer and food”
Review of Lost Dog Pub

Lost Dog Pub
Ranked #13 of 58 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went here on my own after Labor Day. It's frequented by many locals, had a good beer selection, really good food and good atmosphere. I sat up at the bar. The bartender took a little time to get my drink order, but the place was a bit busy - this was about 6:30 on a Friday night. I ordered the pizza special - white pizza with spinach, tomatoes and goat cheese - which was really delicious. It was a good place to relax, have a beer and some good food and chitchat with the locals. I'll definitely stop by next time I'm out on the cape.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a family-friendly pub restaurant with a reasonably wide menu selection and additional specials. The price range is about average for this type of restaurant. The dining room is a comfortable and casual setting. Service was OK. The cod was very good. The spinach and garlic ravioli was tasty. The broiled seafood medley was good, but a bit bland. The pizzas at our table were also good. All food was served promptly and was nice and hot. We will likely return.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Upon arrival the hostess was very nice so we expected a good experience but got so far from that. It was not busy at all yet it took 16 minutes to get our drinks, 20 for my water and I got my dinner salad before our drinks even came to the table. The food was alright but it took 25 minutes to come out. While waiting for our dinner our drinks were empty and she never came to get us more (she was leaning against the wall and on her phone the entire time). While eating our food we had to get the hostess to grab sides for us because our server was too busy staring at the wall. It is an extremely rare situation for us to leave less than 20% tip and I didn't even think twice about leaving 10%...that was too much! Overall bad experience...maybe it was just our server but I feel management is somewhat accountable for allowing it! Never again!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bar in the front, but nice bright dining area in the back with pretty paintings of the cape on it....doesn't feel much like a bar in the dining room!

Service was excellent, very friendly wait staff.

Food was pretty good! I had a cup of chowder and a salad, both of which were very good, and the french onion soup was good too. We also ordered the coconut shrimp - nothing special but good nonetheless.

Overall, very good casual dining experience in Orleans.

1  Thank lauragp
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had 2 fantastic meals there - caprese salad one night, and treated myself to their boiled lobster special another night - they split and cracked it for me without my even asking! I had lobster 3x this trip and this one was both the best tasting and the least expensive. Very fun band on Friday night too.

1  Thank redsoxrita