“Glad we tried it”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant, and we are glad we did. We went not expecting much because we knew nothing about the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was good and the service was good too.. We went on a Saturday night, and we were seated right away, no waiting, and we didn't have a reservation. This place is good for families. The calamari was great. The striped bass over orzo salad was quite good. The sangria was a bit disappointing. I would def return to this restaurant. We have visited Orleans for years, and like to try new places, but we want to return to Lost Dog Pub. Prices were reasonable too. Try it!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Food is solid, the menu is basically pub food slightly upscale. Burgers, salads, chicken, soups, and lobster of course, it's the cape. Burgers, salads, steak tips were all solid, at least as good as your usually chain restaurant.
Lobster was just ok and the effort to stuff it was sorta weak.
Lines don't seem long, and service is basically fine. Kids menu works too. Drinks were also as expected.
Skip dessert, there is a great ice cream place across the street.
Overall, I would recommend it.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good service and great food. Nice atmosphere. A good place to chill out after sightseeing.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is not a high-end restaurant. It's more like a local TGIF. That said, everyone in my family but me enjoyed their meal. My husband had a very fresh and slightly breaded baked cod that was delicious, as good as any higher-end restaurant. My older son (20) had spinach and garlic ravioli that he said was delicious. And my younger son had a pizza that was fine. The bread they served was a standard white loaf that had little flavor. I had the eggplant parmesan. Unfortunately, the eggplant was undercooked, which made it too chewy to eat, and the sauce was not very flavorful. The specialty sangria was terrible. A fine place for a simple, not expensive dinner, but not a place for fine dining.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

good food, entertainment on weekends, eating at the bar.